In 10.2, the AI still willingly lets good players go for cheap

Sky

Just started a new game, and right off the bat, CSKA Moscow offers me Milos Krasnic, one of their best players, for a mere £4.6m, which is his valuation. In reality, he is one of their best players, and easily worth twice that much. But because the player is unhappy and submitted a transfer request, the AI lists him for merely his own valuation. Same thing happened with Jefferson Farfan of Shalke, he wanted to leave so the AI offers him to every club for his value price, a mere £4.8m.

I understand the fact that the player is unhappy/unsettled is good grounds for knocking the price down, but as we see in real life, just because the player wants to go doesn't mean the manager will let them leave cheaply, especially if they are young and good players.

They seem to do this with 'good' players but on my game in 2014 Igor Akineev has been wanting to leave CSKA for about 3 years, the only offer they accepted of mine was for

£33mil but I decided that was too much and cancelled it. They don't seem to let indespensible players leave on a cheap.

But it depends on how badly the player wants to leave, and how soon his contract runs out...

The 2x value thing might work if there's still plenty of time before the contract expires. Otherwise the club will lose the player AND the money.

The reduced price tag is a way to minimize the loss when it's clear the player won't sign a new contract

Yeah but if theres a code to make the asking price 2x that of the value then you can never get a bargin. AI clubs very rarely negotiate down from the asking price, they always just change your offer to that of the asking price. I dont think too much is wrong, this year its easier to get a bargin when looking at the transfer list, where as before it was rare to find a good player transfer listed.

Archived