The most you have paid for one player ? !!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fm 10 it were 2 days ago.

desperatly in need of anyone at LB and he was the only one with half way decent stats imo.

i heard good things bout him so i thought why not i got 150m in transfer funds to spend

Him and Otamendi played upto 800 games for me at Newcastle ! He is class though :)

£55 million for Buffon, i was Man City and i just wanted a World Class goal keeper. :D

Oh actually i once signed Torres and Gerrard both for 80 million each,on a save 3 seasons in on FM09, but that was just a mess about game where i made Newcastle mega rich whilst i was waiting for FM10 Demo to be released,so that does not really count.

£95m Torres to Man City with £70m Messi the season after too!

Had to quit though as it got boring with a completely unbeatable team winning everything every year, which I doubt i'd be able to emulate at all without the arabian riches.

Mark Hughes must have been some crazy kind of terrible...

Not a lot tbh, I refuse to spend a lot of money on players. Probably about £20M (Not much when you consider I'm always managing top European teams).

I'm like Wenger but without the managerial ability.

EDIT: Actually, I bought Aguero once for his get-out clause. About £45M. I feel dirty :(

Somewhere around 80m to bring Hugo Lloris to Spurs. Gomes was still godlike at 34/5, but I needed a long term replacement and I thought it would be much better to have Lloris than let a rival sign him. Managed to rotate them for a season without annoying either player, too.

I think I once paid £11 million for Maarten Stekelenburg, playing as Arsenal on FM06. I'm more stingy than Wenger in my transfer policies; I've passed over opportunities to get some outstanding young stars because they cost £4-5 million, even when I had hundreds of millions in the bank. :D

Your not more stingy than Wenger, I only wish he would spend £11m on a keeper that doesn't hoof the ball straight out of play every time he kicks it.

Your not more stingy than Wenger, I only wish he would spend £11m on a keeper that doesn't hoof the ball straight out of play every time he kicks it.

Trust me, I'm way more stingy than Wenger. :p Wenger has in fact made a few reasonably large purchases - £15 million for Arshavin, £11 million for Reyes, £10 million for Henry, etc. Not much by Real Madrid standards, but he does splash out from time to time. Stekelenburg was one of my first purchases in FM: since then, I've never matched it.

My top spendings would all have to be in FM08 with my beloved Liverpool FC, the ones I can remember were:

Sacha Kohler (regen) $150M from Dortmund, scored 65 goals in his first year, even better since he only started 10 games! (came on as a sub in about 35 though)

Sergio Ramos $95M from Real Madrid, went on to be my vice-captain for many years

Lee Jarvis (regen) $75M from West Ham, didn't do a great deal, sold him to Aston Villa for $50M a few years later

Micah Richards $50M from Man City, absolute rock alongside Ramos in defence

Michael Johnson $50M from Man City, in the same window as Richards, think I bankrolled Man City for a while!

Guilherme Reis (regen) $50M from West Ham, had sold him to them for $80M 3 seasons earlier, he wasn't happy when they went down!

& finally, one of my fav signings:

Andy Carroll $10M from Blackburn, not a lot of money, but to memory had a return of nearly 200 goals in only 125 games when he finally became my number 2 striker (I only play with 1 up front).

I haven't played that save for a while, but after typing this, I'm getting the urge to pick it up again!

No matter how good a player, I refuse to pay over $50,000,000. Dzeko and Simon Kjaer are the only players in my current save that I have paid that much for, although I have paid $45,000,000 for another 3 or 4 players.

300 million dollars for Messi as Madrid. It was my 5th year of no tranfers over 10 million so I figured what the hell

$300m... Just think, you could have bought every player Everton have ever had for that and had quite a bit of change xD

Crazy, crazy money.

Archived