Too fiddly.

This year presets were brought in to help deal with the problems understanding mentality, the fact is it remains too fiddly and for me has lost any connection to football. I started by trying to configure mentality correctly so the short passing would work, but I have to also have the right mentality set up for defending to not look like swiss cheese and after i try to consider everything it all just falls apart with me left frustrated.

With the touchline shouts it is too much about "changing" system during the game. You're gettting hammered, so you switch to counter, or to control, or to attacking- it doesn't matter just switch. There is not much logic to it any more.

The entire tactics system is very fiddly and touchy.

I had a proven tactic for my West Ham side and I had players who were good for the roles.

I lost 15 out of 17 matches with the tactic and even though I played well.

I now have won 7 in a row and all I changed was 2 clicks on my AMC mentality and his closing down.

I also increase passing to mixed for 2 players.

That is all.

Amazing how "fiddly" tactics are really, you make 1-2 slider errors and the whole game plays out akwardly.

This year presets were brought in to help deal with the problems understanding mentality, the fact is it remains too fiddly and for me has lost any connection to football. I started by trying to configure mentality correctly so the short passing would work, but I have to also have the right mentality set up for defending to not look like swiss cheese and after i try to consider everything it all just falls apart with me left frustrated.

With the touchline shouts it is too much about "changing" system during the game. You're gettting hammered, so you switch to counter, or to control, or to attacking- it doesn't matter just switch. There is not much logic to it any more.

You can't complain about the tactics wizard when you aren't even using it.

It was understood that the sliders were fiddly and not connected to football which is why the wizard was introduced.

You also don't seem to understand the touchline shouts, plenty of people use them effectively without changing the system.

The fiddlier the better, they call me the fiddler....no...wait...

In all honesty, as Cougar stated the wizard allows any odd noob to create a tactic and play well. From there you can make slight adjustments if you wish, changing constantly will usually result in getting destroyed.

Archived