bloomin' stadium issues.

I searched and found a few bits on this but nothing that conclusive and it's really bugging me!

the background is - conference north Redditch Utd, started with a 5000 capacity stadium with 400 seats and the rest standing.

av attendance of 250 first season, and stayed in conference north.

then achieved 4 back to back promotions from conference north to coca cola championship.

attendance slowly rose to 2700 average in league 1, and then down to 2,500 in championship (we finished just above relegation so weren't the most impressive team to come and watch i guess!)

It is impossible to even break even on this - i've cut the wage bill and the chairman just sold two players for a million in total which has put us in credit.

I asked for a stadium expansion but council denied - and we aren't even filling the current stadium!

is there a way to attract more fans? what does the fan-day do and can you choose to have one?

The board choose when you have fan days and, put simply, they are special offers on tickets. I think I've seen one where local residents are able to apply for freebies, but more often than not seem to get offers that'll bring some more gate money in. In theory, if you win and play some good football some of the fans who turned up due to it being free/cheap will continue attending matches. Bitch the match up and that might not be the case.

The only way to attract more fans is by winning matches. Some attractive football won't do you any harm, but keep winning and the gates will rise.

I had the exact same problem at kettering.

After about 10 years of promotions and finally managing to raise 5 million the board decided to build a new stadium.

Now I have a 17000 all seater.

Archived