Lack of transfer activity in FM 2010.

Does anyone else find there is a unrealistic lack of clubs buying and selling in this game?

Its 2019 in my game and most players who started at their clubs when the game began are still at the same clubs. The only missing players are the ones that retired and if they didnt have to retire I'm sure they would still be there.

Young teams like Aston Villa have hardly changed and every team that hasn't had their keeper retire still has the same one.

Almost every players history I check have spent at least 8 to 10 years at the same club. It would be a struggle to find one with less than 5 years.

In ten years at my club I have barely sold a player. I can count on 1 hand the amount of offers I have had for players. No one wants to buy them and nobody wants to leave. If I didn't let their contracts run out I would have pretty much the same team as when I started.

I have heard of player loyalty but this seems a bit much.

I've won the swedish leauge and cup two years in a row and I'm also playing in the finsihing legs of CL, but I have never even gotten an offer from another club to buy one of my players. That's of course a good thing in many ways, but since I bought some players since it wouldn't hurt to get rid of some as well. I don't wanna offer them to clubs for 1/10 of what they are worth either since I'd like to get some money back and they are very good players.

I've got some great U21 internationals playing for me and nobody makes bids for them. Bigger clubs declare their intrest but rarely make bids, if they do they are usually less than what they are worth and over 48 month installments. My star striker has been at the club for 8 years and not had one bid.

It seems to me the AI will usually only make a bid for another clubs player if he spots me doing it first.

Probably to do with wages and club reputation.

Hardly ever get bids for any of my players while at Liverpool. Every now and then someone would come in with an enquiry, but most of the time nothing. Shame too because I've got a number of players that don't get to play too much football. They're good, definitely top 6 material, but again no one ever bids on them.

But I'm having a hard time fending off interest from other clubs for my top players at Tranmere.

Your players might not be appealing (due to wages or whatever) or aren't willing to go to smaller clubs, and they just aren't good enough for the bigger clubs.

Archived