I want to bash players to the press!

Am I sadistic for wanting an option in the player interaction to say bad stuff about players who don't play for your team? Like ex players who left your side for a bigger team etc. Right now when you go to 'player interaction' you can only praise them or say you want to sign them. It would be cool if it was more like the manager comment interaction with more options.

I agree with this, there needs to be a lot more player and manager interaction. For instance you can only say one thing to an opposing manager in the champions league and that's a negative comment...way to make good relations.

Relations between managers are a very underrated part of the game. I'd love to be able to build up a good relationship with some managers (it happened once, in FM 07, I think, where a manager said he accepted a bid from me because I had established a good relationship with him; it was very cool).

Bashing managers and players would be nice, too.

i was just thinking this the other day, i never normally comment on a team's dangerman before a match but i had a look to see what you could say about them but they were only positivie comments like saying you will need to keep player x out of the game if you are to win, e.t.c. And i thought it would be cool to be able to say something like you don't think they are much of a threat or they're not a very good player. Something like that.

Good idea :thup:

Relations between managers are a very underrated part of the game. I'd love to be able to build up a good relationship with some managers (it happened once, in FM 07, I think, where a manager said he accepted a bid from me because I had established a good relationship with him; it was very cool).

Ive had that quite a few times over the years and twice already in FM10. The key is to sign up promising coaches that want to be managers. They love you when they work under you for a while, then they go manage a club and accept bids for their players at pretty reasonable offers. Only set back is, waiting for one to get a good job at a top club. Either that or just praise a young manager for a while, no point going for Sir Alex Ferguson and co cause by the time your friends with them, they will retire. Gaurdiola springs to mind.

I want this and an ability to come back to the no mind games comment.

Opposing Manager : Such and such is turd and will lose

Me :I will obviously beat you

Opposing Manager : Dont be so immature, Im not going to be sucked into mind games.

Me : AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH

One thing I'll occasionally do, if I'm trying to target a signing for the future, is start to compliment the manager in advance to butter him up. If you start this far enough in advance it makes the negotiations a lot smoother. This also seems to make you noticed by said manager's club; I've been buttering up Guardiola and am linked with the Barcelona job if he doesn't sign his contract, while I wasn't even offered Valencia when their manager was sacked.

Bashing players and winding them up ahead of a game could be a pretty interesting tactical decision, really...especially if it backfires.

Ive had that quite a few times over the years and twice already in FM10. The key is to sign up promising coaches that want to be managers. They love you when they work under you for a while, then they go manage a club and accept bids for their players at pretty reasonable offers. Only set back is, waiting for one to get a good job at a top club. Either that or just praise a young manager for a while, no point going for Sir Alex Ferguson and co cause by the time your friends with them, they will retire. Gaurdiola springs to mind.
One thing I'll occasionally do, if I'm trying to target a signing for the future, is start to compliment the manager in advance to butter him up. If you start this far enough in advance it makes the negotiations a lot smoother. This also seems to make you noticed by said manager's club; I've been buttering up Guardiola and am linked with the Barcelona job if he doesn't sign his contract, while I wasn't even offered Valencia when their manager was sacked.

Bashing players and winding them up ahead of a game could be a pretty interesting tactical decision, really...especially if it backfires.

Good thoughts. I'll give it a shot in my current save and come back to this if I remember to, haha.

How do I know if the coaches want to be managers, though? Do I look at their talent sliders (can't remember what they're really called; the little bar graphs that show the jobs they'd be good at)?

Yeah player bashing is waaaay overdue, especially for those who leave your team for no damn reason other than wanting money, especially when you can't do a single thing about it, e.g players who are only on amateur contracts sgning for teams whocan give them a wage

Archived