Management idea - Ever start 2 seperate saves with the same team?

(possibly a long post...)

Just something I've thought of.... Has anyone started 2 saves managing the same team?

I think it would be a great idea and may even teach you some things about FM.

For example:

Load a new game with however many countries and leagues you wish.

Choose your team [say Liverpool] and save the game as "Liverpool 1".

Save the game again, only this time name it "Liverpool 2".

(Obviously you would choose "Save game as" and select a new save rather than just saving over the old one)

Then you could play a month or two with the first game, manage as you would normally and then save and load up the second game. Play this game also but this time try to do things a bit differently, this way you could 'learn from your mistakes' so to speak.

The reason you would save the game twice rather then starting two new games is to have the exact same fixture list, that way you'll already have the same pre-determined path through the season (to a degree).

You could even (if you are so inclined) play each game for only a week at a time, so they keep up with each other. That way you could do a press conference on save 1 and when you screw it up (because we always screw them up), you could load up save 2 and try a different set of answers, to see what happens.

Could also help with player interaction - make a comment about a player (yours or otherwise) on one save, and then make a different comment on the other save to see the difference. You could even go as far as trying to do everything 'wrong' on save 1, whilst trying to do everything 'right' on save 2. Would be a great way to test the boundaries of the game.

There's so much more I could add to this but you get the idea. Didn't mean to write such a long post tbh.

I'm in the mood to do it myself now. :D

(....was quite long tbf)

What so you can carry on with the more successful?

Again, you're missing the point. I might as well save and reload if I wanted to do that.

On one save: Manage normally.

On second save: Manage differently; Don't choose the "safe" options in press conferences, player interaction, team talks and what not. Try different things to see how the game plays out. Try to use more adventurous tactics, be more daring in everything just to see what happens.

All the while you have your 'normal' save running alongside it for comparison to how it usually goes for you.

2 saves won't be enough, stuff is too situational and random. Even if you had 2 saves and did the EXACT same thing, results could be very different. You would need hundreds if not thousands of saves for data to be conclusive.

It's a very good idea for testing/experimenting purposes. For example keep the squads the same and play the same players but with 2 different formations, or philosophies. Let's say you play the same formation and players but one save uses rigid philosophy and the other fluid. You would certainly learn from that.

Or, everything the same except one save keeps to default training and the other you pay close attention to training regimes.

Possibilities for testing the game are endless. Don't fully agree with Rohkey; on the one hand 2 saves are enough to make these kinds of observations, and on the other for some it would be fun to notice the differences.

When I have been playing and been approached by another club I will save me game and then accept and then resave it under another name so I can back and forth between the 2 teams lol, gready I know

(possibly a long post...)

Just something I've thought of.... Has anyone started 2 saves managing the same team?

I think it would be a great idea and may even teach you some things about FM.

For example:

Load a new game with however many countries and leagues you wish.

Choose your team [say Liverpool] and save the game as "Liverpool 1".

Save the game again, only this time name it "Liverpool 2".

(Obviously you would choose "Save game as" and select a new save rather than just saving over the old one)

Then you could play a month or two with the first game, manage as you would normally and then save and load up the second game. Play this game also but this time try to do things a bit differently, this way you could 'learn from your mistakes' so to speak.

The reason you would save the game twice rather then starting two new games is to have the exact same fixture list, that way you'll already have the same pre-determined path through the season (to a degree).

You could even (if you are so inclined) play each game for only a week at a time, so they keep up with each other. That way you could do a press conference on save 1 and when you screw it up (because we always screw them up), you could load up save 2 and try a different set of answers, to see what happens.

Could also help with player interaction - make a comment about a player (yours or otherwise) on one save, and then make a different comment on the other save to see the difference. You could even go as far as trying to do everything 'wrong' on save 1, whilst trying to do everything 'right' on save 2. Would be a great way to test the boundaries of the game.

There's so much more I could add to this but you get the idea. Didn't mean to write such a long post tbh.

I'm in the mood to do it myself now. :D

(....was quite long tbf)

When I have been playing and been approached by another club I will save me game and then accept and then resave it under another name so I can back and forth between the 2 teams lol, gready I know

:thup:

A bit like that film "Sliding Doors" - you can see how your career would've went in each scenario. I do like the idea and I think I'm going to try it out. In fairness, I may get bored with all the saving and loading of each game but I'll have a bash.

You've hit the nail on the head there hilly_boro, it's exactly that; possibly discovering new ways to approach the game without fear of complete failure (in fact, failure on one save would be a good thing).

Archived