How many long shots have you scored in a match?

Oh arsenal, i didnt mean you! lol sorry. I meant because nobody was replying! Aw well.

Yes i have actually. Really flukey but it went down as an OG in the end. Was a bit like that wigan player couple weeks ago. Gerardo Bruna took a free kick just inside our half, keeper was about the penalty spot, flapped at it and sent it into the net :)

I just finished an amazing match against chesterfield which finished 6-0 four goals of which came from long shots!

I can't help but thinking though had those long shots not gone in it would have been a very different story!

So whats the most you have scored in a match?

A different story, but not very. 2-0 instead of 6-0 :p

Well I mean they aren't easy to get it's down to pretty much pure luck.

Has anyone ever seen a goal from their half of the pitch though?

Giovanni dos Santos did his best, he had an audacious attempt from midway between the halfway line and his own box, having just tackled an opponent. The keeper was beat, but it went just the wrong side of the post.

I have seen of AI keepers scoring in other games, notably Petr Cech scored twice in one season for Chelsea with long range kicks.

Am I allowed to use names, or is that one of the 'don't use names' things that these forums have? Sorry btw, but I don't think either of these would reveal too much of the game anyway.

Trust me. I would have taken 2-0! They were piling on a LOT of pressure hit the woodwork and tested the keeper a good couple of times then BAM! The long shots flooded in! haha then i think as they were pushing a lot more to get back into the match we counter attacked on both occasions and got 2 goals......Then another screamer :p haha

its all down to luck , depends on game, i had games where i score up to 4 longshots.. maybe more . in those 13-0 wins , but those are once 2 years so :) , tho i been winning 5-1 my last 5 league games.. , one game you have strikers running the show.. next game you score 4 goals from corners.. with both defenders sharing 2 goals each. eh :)

its all down to luck , depends on game, i had games where i score up to 4 longshots.. maybe more . in those 13-0 wins , but those are once 2 years so :) , tho i been winning 5-1 my last 5 league games.. , one game you have strikers running the show.. next game you score 4 goals from corners.. with both defenders sharing 2 goals each. eh :)

Hey, im not saying it isnt! Obviously the players long shot attribute has something to do with it but it does have luck involved but yeah...I was just surprised i guess because they were really random in my game and completely turned the game on its head.

Archived