How important are staff ?

How important is it to get staff that play the same way as you? Obviously in reality it's very important, but I'm talking about FM, not reality.

If i had a team of world class players, would it really matter about my staff if my tactics are right each game?

Does anybody really know if they are that important or do they just presume?

Curious to hear what people have to say about it and how much effect it really has on you're team.

i have no doubt that the better coaches you have will increase your players stats quicker and help players reach their potential. do you assign your coaches to specific training? i mean the star rating thing? if your playing in a top team with loads of top players that are allready finished improving then i doubt it would make too much difference, but for younger players id think the coaches would help them get better. as for your staff playing the same way as you i dont pay any attention to that, thats only relevant if they are ever in control of your match, but it would only be your assistant who takes control. i hope this was what you were asking

Is there any proof that better coaches will increase player stats quicker? I'm not saying it isn't true but i haven't seen anything official to say it's true.

I always set up my coaching and staff properly but i am wondering if it's actually worth doing.

well you could always test it out? start a game and dont use coaches and compare players with those you have seen progress in your other saves when they have had the good coaching. id like to see what would happen. try reading the manual, it might mention it in there

That's a bit long winded for me, which is why i made this thread, hoping maybe somebody could shed some light onto it.

I'll take a 'flick' through the manual. I tried once before and woke up with qwerty on my forhead. It's a bit of an epic.

Archived