players training schedules- tweak or leave alone

if i were to change a strikers training schedule so that he didnt train defence etc, but only trained attack intensively, would the relevant stats then go up, e.g finishing, off the ball, composure? anybody?

I always did that on FM2009 and saw the relevant attribute improvements. So far I've just used the general trainng on FM2010, should really take the time to set up schedules.

if i were to change a strikers training schedule so that he didnt train defence etc, but only trained attack intensively, would the relevant stats then go up, e.g finishing, off the ball, composure? anybody?

Yes, training does determine which attributes will go up :)

Long throws are trained by set pieces. Defence just trains tackling and marking.

On past fms I wanted my strikers to have some defensive training because some of the attributes defence trains is what I wanted to have my striker to have. This year it only those 2.

Off the ball is trained in tactics and composure is not trainable.

Do the Set Pieces only train takers, or does the training affect the whole team (for example, with free kicks: is it just for the fre kick takers with the rising stats, or does the training help with set piece scenarios including runs and positioning in the box)?

Also, does it do anything defensively? I mean do players also train with defending free kicks, corners and long throws?

I appreciate that runs would come under Off the Ball, and therefore trained in Tactics, but could you couple training areas to increase such as runs and positioning at set pieces?

Thanks

Archived