Player requesting money to move.

I have just won promotion to the Championship so offloading players i don't need anymore,

i offered Routledge out and i got a message saying he won't move unless i pay him wages,

which i was fine with. I remember on FM09 sometimes teams could not offer

what the player his currently earning so i had to pay 5- 800 pound on top of

his wages to make it up.

So i was fine about it, untill i checked how much he was asking for!!

He his on 3.1k a week, and he wants me to pay him 3k and week!

Surley Cardiff have offered him more than £100 pound a week ...

21301144.jpg

44870005.jpg

Cardiff are in the Championship too, i think that the AI is trying to pull a fast one over me. ;)

I saved the game and accepted the offer as a test to find out what Cardiff have offered him.

96266101.jpg

He's on £130 a week at Cardiff, with me paying him 3k a week.

Since when does a Championship side offer a player £130 a week,no matter how good or bad!

Either Cardiff are trying to take me for a free ride or its a bug.

Shouldn't Routledge be good enough at championship level anyway?

this is what i was thinking. other than that it is quite bizarre. perhaps you should mention it in the bugs forum as there is no way a team would be able to offer that in real life.

Shouldn't Routledge be good enough at championship level anyway?

His crossing is no where near good enough for me at this level, and if i was to use him as a striker instead, he would be my 5th choice :p And the minimum expectation i got was 'top half finish'.

Also his acceleration as droped recently from 18 to 17 as he his getting towards 30 now so it will keep decreasing and without his speed, on FM he his poor.

I'm currently paying Gabriel Milito £100k a week to play for Benfica to July 2011, they would only give him £15k, and I got £4.2m off them for him. So that works out at a loss of £3.6m on my part £7.8m for 18 months wages less the fee.

But it was better than leaving him on the bench the whole time getting angry at me and he wouldn't accept a mutual cancellation.

That is mental and a MASSIVE bug I think, surely thats been fixed with the latest patch

I have just won promotion to the Championship so offloading players i don't need anymore,

i offered Routledge out and i got a message saying he won't move unless i pay him wages,

which i was fine with. I remember on FM09 sometimes teams could not offer

what the player his currently earning so i had to pay 5- 800 pound on top of

his wages to make it up.

So i was fine about it, untill i checked how much he was asking for!!

He his on 3.1k a week, and he wants me to pay him 3k and week!

Surley Cardiff have offered him more than £100 pound a week ...

36564289.jpg

44870005.jpg

Cardiff are in the Championship too, i think that the AI is trying to pull a fast one over me. ;)

Personnally i think its quite smart... wish it worked both ways so players ask their AI controlled club to join us

Does'nt work, i've already tried it. :D

I have offered players who are transfer listed a contract, half of what they are earning at their current club, and the players always rejected the contract i offered them. I've tried it with players at loads of clubs including players transfer listed at Man City & Real Madrid .. both rich clubs, but it does not work.

It only happens on rare occasions if the player is requesting more than the maximum wage you can offer, if you offer the maximum amount you can offer, sometimes the AI pays the rest of the players wages.

But if you offer the player less than the maximum wage you can offer, I.e £130 a week like the AI in conrtol of Cardiff did to me, the player always rejects/snubs the contract!

So it does not work both ways ..

This happens quite often if you are a big club. It's quite frustrating because you have aging veterans making £50k+ p/w who are perfectly happy playing in the reserves, rather than have the opportunity for first team football somewhere else.

Personally, if they don't want to take a pay cut then I will let them sit in the reserves and play them once or twice a season during an injury crisis. I'm not going to pay their wages to play somewhere else.

Let's look for a moment. YOU are offering him out, no-one will accept his wage demands, He is under contract to you, He is perfectly entitled to see out that contract, or request that you make it up, for the remainder of his contract with you, if he moves to the other club.

Would You allow your employer to send you to another company and expect half the wages?

I admit Footballers contracts are crap, but hey, play "Warehouse Manager" if you can't understand the rules of the game.

I.E. If Liverpool sack Rafa for "poor performance at work" it will cost them more than £20million. Shi-ite happens.

I think the point the OP is making, JockStein1967, is that Cardiff shouldnt be offering him £130 pr week, they probably could afford more. So he was wondering if the AI pulled a fast one on him, or that the game is a bit faulty in that particular feature.

To be honest, I dont know. However, I think its a nice feature that players request money to move, but this example seems to be a bit over the top ;)

Let's look for a moment. YOU are offering him out, no-one will accept his wage demands, He is under contract to you, He is perfectly entitled to see out that contract, or request that you make it up, for the remainder of his contract with you, if he moves to the other club.

Would You allow your employer to send you to another company and expect half the wages?

I admit Footballers contracts are crap, but hey, play "Warehouse Manager" if you can't understand the rules of the game.

I.E. If Liverpool sack Rafa for "poor performance at work" it will cost them more than £20million. Shi-ite happens.

Yeah its Cardiff offering him just £130 a week that i am a little bemused at.

If Cardiff had offered him, say £1.5k a week and Routledge wanted me to pay him £1.6k a week, then i would have no problem with that.

But Cardiff offered him £130 a week and he wants me to pay him £3k a week.

Yeah ok Cardiff, i'll let a player go to one of my Championship rivals and i will basically, fully pay his wages to play for you aswell, umm how about no! :D

And yeah Swed151 i know what you mean, if we the 'players' playing the game, offered a player on £3.1k a week, just £130 a week.

The player snubs the contract offer almost straight away and says something like 'Finds the basic wage you offered him laughable'.

Archived