Two Footed Players

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? A two-footed player can play well with both feet. He doesn't have to screw around on the edge of the box trying to get the ball for his good foot, but he can blast them in with either. He can pick out a pass with both feet, he'll be able to deliver a cross with either foot, etc.

Its kind of hard to explain straight off the bat but Il give you an example of how it will work.

Luka Modric can use either foot and his 1st touch is 15 and passing 16, Angelo Palombo is Right footed only and has 1st touch of 18 and passing 16.

On face value it would appear that Palombo is better in both categories of which he is, but only if the ball is on his right foot. If the ball goes to his left foot his accuracy and control are severly depleted whereas Modric is equally as good. This can be very important if the player doesnt have a lot of time on the ball, as it will take longer to get the ball down, onto his good foot and then pass/shoot etc. Although Modric might look worse stat wise it doesnt necesserily mean he is a worse player.

Furthermore if these two players had the same current ability (CA) you would expect Palombo's stats to be higher because being two footed has a higher weighting but if you want to know more about that then I suggest reading the 'a closer look at training' thread which I believe is a sticky at the top of the threads page. Its quite a lot to read but it goes into much more depth that Im not going to even attempt to go into!

From my knowledge it wont make it easier for him to train to be a winger but it will add some unpredictabilty if he is a winger as the defender wont know whether he will go down the line and whip in a cross or cut inside and have a pop on goal. A current example of this would be N'Zogbia at Wigan who is scoring plenty of goals at the minute because he more or less 2 footed (marginally better with his left) and is playing on the right wing. The defenders arent sure whether he is going for a cross on his right or to cut in with his left and shoot and he seems to be confusing the crap out of them!

There is the apparent disadvantage that two-footedness (if that's a real word) uses up CA points hence meaning the player is slightly weaker in other attributes than a 1 footed player with the same CA

But, in return, those attributes will apply in full for both feet, so there's no weaker foot disadvantage for any attribute.

But, in return, those attributes will apply in full for both feet, so there's no weaker foot disadvantage for any attribute.

I do realise that and obviously I didn't articulate myself fully... I got distracted halfway through my response and when I came back to it I'd forgotten what else I was going to add. :D

As it turns out it was what you wrote...

I do realise that and obviously I didn't articulate myself fully... I got distracted halfway through my response and when I came back to it I'd forgotten what else I was going to add. :D

As it turns out it was what you wrote...

I figured as much, but thought I might add it :D

Archived