how much are laptops that would comfortbaly play FM

also if i go to pc world or whatever and say i need a laptop suitable for fm will they be able to sort me?

The guy on the PC world/Who wants to be a Millionaire ad break sponsorship bit seems to be able to sort anything. :)

My laptop has 2.0ghz dual core processor and 3.0gb RAM, plus 256mb graphics. Would run at 4 - 5 stars for a couple of leagues and have not really noticed any slowdown for 6 leagues on medium database

Cst me £450 18 months ago

Got an Acer Aspire 5536 from PC world for £450.

500GB HDD

Radeon 3200HD intergrated graphics chip

4GB RAM

AMD Turion X2 RM 72 CPU (2.2GHz)

A good all-round laptop. The selling point for me was the 500GB hard disk. Turion is an ok processor. It certainly wont struggle to play the game, but might be a bit slack when running a lot of leagues. I'm currently trying to find out of the system board is compatible with any other CPU so I can upgrade, just to give it that little bit extra.

Solid laptops aren't expensive at all these days. I dunno how much it would cost on the other side of the Atlantic, but I recently picked up a new Gateway laptop. AMD dualcore, 4GB RAM, etc. For the heck of it I installed Steam and then FM10 on it as well, and discovered the match engine runs about 5 times more smoothly than on my PC! Cost: $500. Research indicates that should equal about £300.

Hope this helps.

Archived