What famous people/celebrities do you know of that play FM?

Was there not something about David Moyes playing it to get ideas for players? I remember reading that he was giving extra information not usually on football manager.

Everton have the scouting rights to the database gathered by SI - not exclusively David Moyes.

Meaning that Everton should be hot on the trail of Otamendi and Salvio ;)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/everton-fc-to-use-football-manager-as-recruiting-tool

• 9 months later...

i'm pretty sure Del Piero once confessed to his addiction...(might have been another Italian player, Pirlo?)

Something about one of his coaches not knowing much about a player at a club they were due to play...so he loads up FM and they "scout" him.

Brilliant.

Some guy on Soccer AM today I think he is from a band called Hurts or something said he used to buy Jay Simpson on football manager who was also on the show. Helen asked if he scored many goals and the guy replied not really, personally I would never buy Jay Simpson on FM.

In all honesty, lets say you as joe Public are given the man City job or any other top flight job with 200-mill to spend. your job was to but players for the maanger and work with him for that perpous alone abit like they do in German football,

You then used FM to find all your player targets, lets be honest providing you could get your man, i think alot of us would build a better team IRL that most managers do currently.

i know i could make a beeter 25 man squad than Mancini does and even play them in a more attacking way...

This time last season Hughes was close to the sack having 21 points from 12 games which is the exact same as Mancini this year..

Was there not a story a few years ago that Italy were playing England, and there were a lot of new call ups for England, so Dimitrio Albertini gave the manager a look to check up on their stats.

This is the player i couldn't think of...

not exactly famous but thought i would mention it. i was listening to the christian o'connell breakfast show on absolute radio in the summer and the producer of the show, richie firth was saying how he managed huddersfield on fm10, got them promoted but then struggled in the championship and got sacked

i'm pretty sure Del Piero once confessed to his addiction...(might have been another Italian player, Pirlo?)

Something about one of his coaches not knowing much about a player at a club they were due to play...so he loads up FM and they "scout" him.

Brilliant.

As mentioned above you may have been thinking of ex Milan great Demetrio Albertini. He was an absolute cm/fm lifer, loved the game.

Everton paid money for the FM database. Presmably that's something more detailed than the one we all have.

a couple of years back - shortly before the Everton linkup - one of the Italian research team leaked the researcher tools on the net, iirc with all italian league data included. The ONLY thing recorded as information that the actual editor bundled with the game lacks was 2 extra tickboxes in the 'preferred moves' section which were along the lines of 'will prolong his career as long as possible' and 'will retire in his prime'. I think there might also have been some player coefficient stuff i.e for a striker it would show that 'finishing' was weighted much higher than 'marking'

Read a copy of four-four-two when Kenny Dalglish was managing Newcastle and they interviewed him they mentioned that he had the game on his computer screen in his office.

I also believe Gordon Strachan played it and signed some players for Southampton off the back of it. I think Austin Delgado was one of the players ?

Archived