Might hold off from playing until the new patch...?

Does anyone know whats being looked at for the new patch, apart from the match engine ?

Cuz the regen attribute distribution problem is becoming a bit of a drag and its stopping me building a team for the future, which I know is being looked at.

Could do with more good English regens too.

I remember 9.3 was as close to perfect as you can get Football Manager, and still regard that as the best version yet.

Just want to know if anyone thinks 10.3 really worth waiting for or should I continue playing?

Grateful for any feedback,

Thanks.

Brad :)

Why is it that everyone likes playing 9.3 better???? I dont know why I have FM 09 on steam and have yet purchased FM 10 ? My question is how can i load up the new transfers, from this year????

With an unofficial update, like from FMWeegie for example. I think it only includes transfers from club to club.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with 10.2 whatsoever. Seriously. Just try harder at being good at the game.

I don't mean to be condescending, but it cannot be the match engine if one player can do very well and another can do terribly. If it was the match engine, then everyone would invariably be terrible at the game through no fault of their own.

I don't mean to be condescending, but it cannot be the match engine if one player can do very well and another can do terribly. If it was the match engine, then everyone would invariably be terrible at the game through no fault of their own.

That's got little to do with the subject really. The question isn't whether one can be successful at 10.2. It's whether it plays a realistic looking game of football. Which a few people, including myself, believe it doesn't. The OP also pointed out issues with regens and their attributes which is also a fair shout.

That's got little to do with the subject really. The question isn't whether one can be successful at 10.2. It's whether it plays a realistic looking game of football. Which a few people, including myself, believe it doesn't. The OP also pointed out issues with regens and their attributes which is also a fair shout.

Don't agree with that either really - compared to FM09 anyway!

I would say free-kicks need fixing but that's about it.

The game is fairly sound. Just a few little niggles. Its not because I'm not successful with the game, I am. Just thinking if I should wait till all SI have got most the creases ironed out. But no one is able to comment on what they are looking at, this isnt really helping me make my mind up much.

Im not asking peoples opinion on if I should continue playing but if anyone knows what will be fixed in the next patch, cuz if there's going to be a big fix then I'll wait.

Read my OP, I never said the match engine was a problem. Just wanted to know if it was worth waiting in order to make this dam excellent FM experience even batter.

It's the niggly little bugs, not game stoppers, that means for FM2011 I am definitely waiting until ~Feb 2011 (when tested properly by the loyal fan base and tweaked to near perfect) before buying the next version.

....Will enjoy the fully patched (when released) 10.3 version of FM2010 a shedload for the next 13 months. Rather keep the money in my account and not be frustrated by niggles.

It's not just the Football Manager series, all software on new release it seems needs 2-3 patches before being polished. Done being taken for a bit of a mug/tester for free.

Will rely on you guys to identify the bugs between Oct-Feb next time. :)

personally i have not had a problem finding newgens or regens or whatever. in fact id say that after the first season there is a huge influx of top quality youths. spend hours looking through the youth teams, i would think you would find plenty of good players

personally i have not had a problem finding newgens or regens or whatever. in fact id say that after the first season there is a huge influx of top quality youths. spend hours looking through the youth teams, i would think you would find plenty of good players

Same. Found about forty promising players and a good seven or eight that could develop into world class.

Was really simple to find them too. Stats in the right places for the top quality ones too. Got a Tanzanian/English (weird combo) striker called Ally Ngasa who is 16 and has scored three senior goals already.

Fair enough - I just can't see the problems; easily the best management game I've had since CM01/02. ^^

I am totally agree'n with this statement, my thoughts exactly!

sounds good. im in the same boat. my villa youth team supplied me with 3 players who will go on to be england internationals, and i signed another 4 who have, as you say, all the relevant attributes in the right places. i usually just search for all players 16 or younger and i find a shed load.

Archived