Bouncebackability

Having watched my solid Palace team slip from 4th to 14th in the Championship after a spell of eight league games without a win, I've been wondering how other people have dealt with the 'mid-season blues'. I've noticed in the past that some people have suffered similar trouble, so I was hoping to hear inspirational stories from those who have bounced back after a poor run of form (technical details would be helpful too!). I have just watched my team come back from 2-0 down against Plymouth to get a 2-2 draw and my fans were pleased, so perhaps things are on the up...

Share your stories.

Its hard to bounce back when you do good and then go on a bad run i find.

But i have had success the other way around, i had a poor start to the League with 1 win & 7 defeats out of my first 10 games, and then gone a fantastic run to win the League Title and the Jonstones Paint Trophy. :)

Newcastle - Championship

Was top/2nd after the first 14 or so games. Then for the next 17 or so games slipped and stayed in about 8th. Then just got one win and went undefeated until the last day of the season but had already guaranteed promotion by then. Finished 2nd.

Just have to keep going, maybe a tweak of tactics and better interaction.

I really like this idea! I might try it...

Yes, well, you could play your own u-18 side and thrash them 9-0 but that's cheating.

I have turned a season around by selecting for good morale and dropping my un-happiest players. The replacements got a boost from being picked and when the regulars came back it was into a winning side.

Yes, well, you could play your own u-18 side and thrash them 9-0 but that's cheating.

I have turned a season around by selecting for good morale and dropping my un-happiest players. The replacements got a boost from being picked and when the regulars came back it was into a winning side.

I've done the bit about the players with good morale but I don't even have a reserve side to play against as I manage MLS.

This is all great advice. My team is performing horribly, I think they can do better but I can't seem to get them firing. Everyone but the strikers seem to be doing their part (except my star players, both midfielders, are playing horribly and need a rest). I think I overdid my preseason friendlies and intensive aerobics training and now the players are tuckered out eight games into the season.

Archived