Team of the week

over the last few seasons my team has been playing well above the level it was expected, yet i still very rarely get any players in the team of the week. this is despite, for example, my striker scoring 29 goals in one season and finishing top of the leaderboards. surlely such a record would require good enough performances to put him in the team of the week?

that of course is just an example and im sure other players have had good enough performances to get a place. such is the rarity of this that i even forgot such awards existed. i think it could be because my players are unfashionable and not at massive clubs.does anyone else have this issue?

I'm not entirely sure how it works but my assumption was it's done on average ratings... in which case you'd have thought your striker would have featured regularly...

That said I've had a couple of games in my current season where Mata has scored twice and only got a match rating in the high sevens (7.7 eg) and strikers at other clubs have had no goals and an assist and got an 8.0 whch pips Mata in the ratings...

to once again use my striker as the example, ive had him hit two goals with a rating of 8.5 in the game. he didnt get in the team of the week, not even as a sub. one of the strikers on the team got 8.7 and was rightly included, but the other got 8.4, a lesser value than my striker. similarly the highest sub rating is 8.4 so he should have had a place on the subs bench.

Archived