FM2010 constantly crashing/freezing on XP PC

I've read a few threads/FAQs about this sort of problem, and followed a lot of the advice and suggestions but it still hasn't solved the problem.

There is not one definite time or place where it freezes, but I'm in the first season and it is often during the matches. Usually, picture will flash off and return blurry/distorted, or will look fine but be totally frozen and unresponsive. Only way out has been to restart PC. Always starts up again, and allows you to reload game, but inevitably the game will freeze again at some point.

I've already turned off the 3D engine, weather, crowd etc. as well as turning off the sound, playing in windowed mode, installing all patches, deleting the cache file, saving regularly and playing with a very minimal number of leagues/divisions. I never play FM while other programs are open on the PC and, although prehaps not the best, I'm sure my PC meets/exceeds the requirements (especially when only attempting to play the game in a really simple form).

My PC - AMD Sempron 2.01 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 6200 256MB graphics, plenty of free space on hard drive and Windows XP.

I've drawn a bit of a blank, and it's a bit annoying as I'm sure it's a great game if it runs smoothly. FM2009 worked fined (never froze or crashed once) even when using 3D match view and other options switched on.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

robroy7

ps. apologies if solution is already offered under another thread, I've looked through many, but not all.

You may need an upgrade mate as I had a PC that had XP that played the demo but not as fast and smooth as FM09 so I brought a new laptop for FM10. How long have you had your current pc as after 5 years if it is updated to what is allowed and you are having problems then you should invest in a better machine,just a fact of life I am afraid.

My old machine was 5 years old and could not be upgraded anymore hence the change.

Yeah, I've considered the possibility of getting a new machine, just not sure I can justify the expense just to play a game (especially as everything else I run on the PC is working fine!).

Does anyone know with any certainty whether an upgraded graphics card would do the trick on my current pc? Even a 1GB one would be a lot cheaper than a brand new system, but I don't want to go down that route if I'm likely to be wasting my time.

If there's nothing I can change, adjust or upgrade then FM2010 might have to wait until I eventually get a newer/better machine :(

I would definitely suggest updating your graphics card drivers - details on how to do so can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455407&postcount=33

Upgraded drivers from Nvidia's website. However, it doesn't seem to have improved or worsened the problem.

I know it's a bit of a difficult question to answer blind, but would a better graphics card realistically solve the issue? I'm not desperate to use the 3D engine, sound or a massive database, but it would be nice if I could play the game in some form (at least until I can justify shelling out for a new machine, whenever that may be).

I've had the same problems as you on a new machine running vista. Updating the graphics card drivers made the issue worse. This is with the demo and not the full version. FM09 glitches constantly as well. During matches primarily but has happened when just looking at player screens. I don't have the money to buy the game yet, but unless I can figure out what's causing the problem, I'd best save my rare spending money on something else, I'm afraid.

SIGA GAMES are not reliable any more. i think its better if they change job. painting, building are some occupation for them. siga games have no idea about football. the worst game ever. its pure cheating. the scoring ability of the opposition teame is amazing. the match stats in every game are amazing. so unrealistic. give up siga games. its time for some respect to the customers.

Its not the games fault if peoples machines are not up to date or they fiddle around with the editor as most problems seem to come from these 2 issues.

Get your facts right mate.Heaps of people have followed SI's advise regarding updates yet we STILL have a lot of crashes!!! As long as my PC meets the system requirements and is fully up to date then the game should be reliable!!! I have two PC's, one of which is a brand new high end PC yet it crashes on both and they don't have any hardware similarity to each other.

Archived