Steam question

Hello all.

I have the DVD version of the game. The game is updated with patch 10.2

Is there a way I can now activate my game through steam, so I don't have to use the DVD each time I want to play? or do I have to re-install through steam all over and get all the update through it?

I do not have steam installed yet. What does it mean a non steam game? will I be able to play without the DVD, and not receive my updates through steam?

Right, your best bet is to do as FrazT says and wipe the game from your computer and re-install it using Steam. That gets you the play without the DVD option.

Why would you not want updates via Steam? It's all automatically done and as far as I'm aware, if you try and patch without Steam it buggers your game. You can switch updates off, but it's best to let Steam do it when you want it to.

Yes i had this exact problem , all i did was uninstall it (but i backed up the FM folders in my documents ehich contained my games and stuf) installed it again through steam , and started playing wih no disk, the good thing is non of my game data or anything went

Archived