help !!!

I am in the transfer market and trying to find a few young players to buy for the future

I do a scout report on the player and basically all the players I look at are going to be good players but no quality players in the future

I am finding it very hard to judge a young player based on the report

Any other ways of judging the player??

If you are a top team e.g. Man Utd, Barca anyone with a 2 1/2 star rating currently is good enough for your team, anyone with the same potential rating will be good enough with the righ training.

The best way to judge for yourself is to look at the physical stats (high=good), mental stats (team work and work rate are good to see in a young player) and the stats pertinent to the players postition (e.g. tackling, marking, heading and jumping in a centre-half). If there is a big difference between a players current star rating and potential, I wouldn't be worried about the technical and some mental skills being low as they can be trained up (obviously the player will be playing youths for a while).

The octogram graph is also a good way of seeing a player's current general level without looking through full stats.

What I am worried is that I will spend 10m on a player who the scout says is going to be quality signing and when I sign him the coaches say he is decnt ?

I’ve been burnt like this before. It’s all part and parcel of the game mate.

Try to use your own judgement also. If they are very young and have good stats for their age, then pretty sure they are at least going to be a 'good' player.

Players can easily exceed/fall below your reports as in this version staff judgments tend to have an element of error about them. Its a gamble at the end of the day.

I’ve also found I’ve signed young players that have peaked by accident. Thinking it’s a future first teamer, only to find out he’s got a future in my reserves, for $3.5m. Just be careful with who you sign, and what you sign them for. :)

Archived