So Man Utd have been taken over by a consortium

In my game, Manchester United were taken over by a consortium in the summer of 2013. It's a Jamaican consortium, headed by none other than Watford legend Micah Hyde!

Not only that, in the following year's close season, they managed to spend £120 million on players (whilst selling £3 million) worth. I'm pretty sure Micah Hyde was never paid that much by Watford or Burnley, so who are these Jamaicans pumping all this money in??! (he brought 11 Jamaican directors with him)

Who is the most bizarre ex-player you have seen spearheading a takeover?

In my game, Manchester United were taken over by a consortium in the summer of 2013. It's a Jamaican consortium, headed by none other than Watford legend Micah Hyde!

Not only that, in the following year's close season, they managed to spend £120 million on players (whilst selling £3 million) worth. I'm pretty sure Micah Hyde was never paid that much by Watford or Burnley, so who are these Jamaicans pumping all this money in??! (he brought 11 Jamaican directors with him)

Who is the most bizarre ex-player you have seen spearheading a takeover?

I am pretty sure this happened on someones elses as well?! In this forum as well?!

Knew I wasn't imaging things :D

Bit weird that they happened at exactly the same time, with the same people! Didn't think them sort of things happened on FM!

If I re-call correctly, they had no debt after the takeover. Jamaicans must have poor business sense, because they were relegated not long after that, even with the spending you mentioned. Wasn’t $120m, more around the $70m mark.

Sometimes I think Fm is almost scripted. Do you ?

Sometimes I think Fm is almost a prediction of real life. Do you ?

I mean, I am nearly 98.34% sure that Hyde will take over United in 3 years time! Serious.

In my game Esteban Cambiasso brought out Fleetwood. Now that was weird.

However, this might top it: Henrik Larsson buys out Bristol City (I think) and wishes to replace manager Phil Jagielka with Emile Heskey :D

Oh god. Heskey... dare I say it.. A manager :confused:

I vowe to play netball if that ever happends!

Who’s to say he doesn’t already :p

Hey! We did once have boys vs girls netball match we got thrashed in, :o But that is my only Netball experience, so less of that! :p

We just kept dribbling it and 'supposedly' your not allowed to do that :p

No, no you’re not. I used to help my mum train my sisters team, I would just stand there and block all of their shots. I’m 6’4”, they’d be lucky to push 5’9” hahaha. :D

Never knew when players stopped playing football in FM they came back and bought clubs.

Awesome.

We need to learn from him Gandy ;) Atleast he knows how to stay on topic!

lol. Peter Crouch of the netball world.

Why make it English ;) Zigic of the netball world haha!

We need to learn from him Gandy ;) Atleast he knows how to stay on topic!

Yeah, we’ve destroyed how many threads so far? 4 by my count haha. :rolleyes:

Why make it English ;) Zigic of the netball world haha!

Well, at least Zigic can score. Hahaha. How many teams has Crouchy been through? Portsmouth and Tottenham twice, I know that much. :)

They won the title or whatever that year, cos their shots pretty much went in every time. I like to take credit for that. :p

Well I am pretty sure they found it a hell of a lot easier without the BFG standing on their court blocking every good attempt they make :p

Well, at least Zigic can score. Hahaha. How many teams has Crouchy been through? Portsmouth and Tottenham twice, I know that much. :)

Chuck Southampton in the mix!

lol, we're just wrecking these poor peoples 'legintimate threads'

:D

No we are not, Gandy is ;)

Chuck Southampton in the mix!

I saw the pre-match for Tottenham vs West Ham, and it listed all the clubs he had played for. I’m starting to think it’s 6 or more. He’s played for more clubs than I have underwear. :p

I saw the pre-match for Tottenham vs West Ham, and it listed all the clubs he had played for. I’m starting to think it’s 6 or more. He’s played for more clubs than I have underwear. :p

I still honestly cannot believe he made it as a footballer :)

I still honestly cannot believe he made it as a footballer :)

I honestly can’t believe it’s not butter. :p

I absolutely hate Lucas Neill for the same reasons. He dogged West Ham for Everton, and is now leaving for Galatsaray in the space of a year and a bit.

I honestly can’t believe it’s not butter. :p

I absolutely hate Lucas Neill for the same reasons. He dogged West Ham for Everton, and is now leaving for Galatsaray in the space of a year and a bit.

Everyone moaned at Defoe for being a bit of a club hopper, be he hasn't really been that bad. You can just class his spell at Pompey as some sort of 'loan' :p

When Crouch runs he reminds me of a horse falling down stairs. Or a new born giraffe standing up for the first time.

Haha, but I think he looks strange when he kicks a ball as well?!

I think that in general when a consortium take over a club in real life they often look for a "high profile sportsmen" (ok, Micah may not be too high profile, but in his homeland, he probably is) to front it.

Wasn't Kenny Dalglish, Gary Lineker having similar roles for possible consortiums.

I do think that screenie and the idea very good :)

Archived