Who are you managing and how are you doing?

Thought that we could see how people are doing and who they are managing.

I am currently managing Notts County, and I am in League One, battling it out for promotion. I am currently 6th in the league, but I have 3 games in hand, which if I win, will put me into 2nd, one point behind Southampton.

I might leave for Sunderland though, as they have offered me the job, which I have delayed until the end of the season. I think that if I get promoted I will stay and if I don't, I will jump ship!

This isn't going to be my main save I don't think. I want to have a crack at Dafuges challenge....and manage Preston (without failing :D)

How are you doing in your save?

Is it your main save?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I'm managing Belgrano(Argentina) and Lithuania.

I just got Belgrano promoted to the top division at the first crack. Free signings in december helped alot! Just about to start the 10/11 season & hope to god I don't get relegated!

Lithuania? Just been drawn in Euro 2012 Quals with Croatia, Malta, Moldova, Norway & Greece. Fairly confident about that.....

I've just finished the first season with Huddersfield, got promoted to the Championship. With new budgets and having sold the players I bought at a nice profit, I'm finding it very difficult to resist doing a Roy Keane and buying 16 new players in pre-season, mostly first team players too...

Hey rob,

My current save is with Boston United for Dafuge's Challenge. Doing Okay. 10 games into my 4th season with them and in Mid table in the Blue Square Premier.

Probably is my main save although there are other challenges I want to have a crack at.

NK Celik Zenica (Bosnia & Herzegowina) my heart club. I love them since I am born. And I will die with them.

I managed to win Bosnian Premier League and Cup. And now, I have to strong my team to get in the Ch. League group stages, and then to get third, and finish in EURO League.

I had a budget of 23k €, but I managed to sign Skacel (D/WBL) for free and sold him to Staebek in january for 1,9 mil. € and this fixed my budget. I signed Chidi Alozi for 80k€ and he is amaizing. Every game 1 or 2 goal. He is too fast, too furious :)

Kwedi for WBR and Rafael Lopes as FC but trained as AMC. Both free agent. Now, I am aproaching summer. My players have a value of 800k - 1,5 mil. €. I will try to sell my GK for 1,5 mil. Lopes for 3 mil€ and Kwedi for 2,2 mil€ Then, look to take more young chip guys to implement them in the team, get the group stage of Ch. League, sell the boys in january, buy some new kids, defend the title, and next summer I will leave the club to go to Italy or Spain, or Croatia (Hajduk, I hate Dinamo).

FC Seoul in the South Korean K-League. Just won the league and the Asian Champions League :). Now in 2022. There are loads of career updates in the career update forum if you want to take a ganders. :D

I'm managing Knockbreda FC, of Northern Ireland. I've just won my 41st consecutive title, and had a 3rd player hit 1,000 goals. Go me.

Any excuse for a boast eh Nep. Seriously though that's some achievement there with 3 players scoring 1000 gals in one save.

Just started my 12th season as Barca, after winning la liga the first year, runners-up the next 3 to Real, but the last 7 I have taken, and the last few years Real have faltered ever since they sold C.Ronaldo. Only managed the Qtr-Finals the first 2 seasons in the CL, but then won it, faltered the next season at just the knockout stage, but then went on to win it 5 years in a row, then lost to Man City in the final, but made up with it the next season.

Most of my team are regens, but I still have Bojan, Messi, Iniesta(though this is going to be his last season with me), Chygrynskyi, Pique(Captain), Rodwell(bought for 6th season), Insua(bought for 3rd season), Fabregas(Bought January of 3rd season), and Aguero(bought for 5th season).

Would do some international management, but I feel it's too much of a chore so I can't get interested in it. I was England Manager for 24 days before I quit without ever managing a game.

I'm in the beginning of my 6th season with Roma, in 2030 now. Best of the mediocre teams although i did manage to win the league in the 2027/28 season.

Finished 7th in the 2029/30 season, but missed out on Europa League because of Juventus winning the cup, while finishing below me.

Struggling to find the right players for the team.

I joined them after spending 15 years with Sampaio Correa in Brazil. Took them from Serié C to the top league, but never managed to win the Brasileiro.

This is my main save, and i started it almost immediately after i got the game, on release day. My plan is to keep this save until FM11 comes out. But that might be hard as i have loads of leagues and players loaded, and it's starting to be a bit unresponsive.

So far, so good though :D

Everton.

Finished 4th first year due to a faltering Arsenal and a disappointing Man City.

Then went on and took the league title the second year at a relative canter - Manchester United drew far too many and managed to lose their last three league games after being unbeaten in 35!

Into the third season now, started brilliantly, but I have hit a definite rough patch - I haven't won in a seven game streak which has seen me go out of the FA Cup. Currently hanging on to third place behind the runaway leaders Manchester United.

Arsenal are in a relegation battle though, which is funny!

I'm also with Notts County, now on my 6th season and 2nd in the Premiership. Man City are ahead of me at the halfway stage by 8 points, as they're currently on a 12 game winning streak! I started with Sunday League rep and our rather fast rise in the league (3 successive promotions to the Premier League, followed by relegation, instant promotion and then finishing 5 and qualifying for Europe) means most of my players have a higher reputation than I do, and quite a few are "struggling to be motivated by someone with such a low reputation in the game". I desperately need a trophy to help me out, but I'm just not a good cup side.

Drumnadrochit Thistle.

I'm in the 10th tier of my British league structure. Of the 1088 teams 95% are real but in the lowest reaches I've created a few non-existent wee sides like this.

Tiers 6-10 all have league reputations of 1 so the teams despite having incrementally higher club reputations are much of a muchness.

As per usual it took a few games for the players to bed in, but I'm now on a 9-games unbeaten streak in the league and should be okay for promotion.

The real marker is in the British FA Cup. I got to the 4th round; beating a couple of amateur sides was to be expected, but the big scalp was Barnet, 2-1 at home. This suggests I'm good for a few years' of promotions. I then got a money-spinning draw at Upton Park where I got Hammered 0-5.

I'm looking forward to nurturing my kids and preparing for the big-time challenges in tiers 3 and above.

Currently managing Metallurg Lipetsk in Russia. Season six, want to establish in Russian Prem.Div.

1st season predicted 19th of 19 in first div, finished 10th. Very weak team,no money,only 3 foreign players in first eleven.

2nd season first and promotion to prem.div.

3rd season 15th and relegated, after that (re)promoted and saved from relegation.

Season 6, loads of money (7 mil E) but very low rep. and no one want to join as. Battlers against relegation...

Drumnadrochit Thistle.

I'm in the 10th tier of my British league structure. Of the 1088 teams 95% are real but in the lowest reaches I've created a few non-existent wee sides like this.

Tiers 6-10 all have league reputations of 1 so the teams despite having incrementally higher club reputations are much of a muchness.

As per usual it took a few games for the players to bed in, but I'm now on a 9-games unbeaten streak in the league and should be okay for promotion.

The real marker is in the British FA Cup. I got to the 4th round; beating a couple of amateur sides was to be expected, but the big scalp was Barnet, 2-1 at home. This suggests I'm good for a few years' of promotions. I then got a money-spinning draw at Upton Park where I got Hammered 0-5.

I'm looking forward to nurturing my kids and preparing for the big-time challenges in tiers 3 and above.

I see what you did there :D

Playing as CENE in Brazil, we're losing money for no particular reasons, basically loaned in a whole new team from Coritiba, battling to get in the second divison.

Managing Newcastle in the 1st season. Doing well atm - 12 points clear at the top, with 12 games to go and I have only lost twice in the league so far. Would have liked to have done better in the cups though - going out in the 3rd round of the league cup to blackburn and in the 4th round to Nottingham Forest was dissapointing.

I'm managing Knockbreda FC, of Northern Ireland. I've just won my 41st consecutive title, and had a 3rd player hit 1,000 goals. Go me.

As always, I bow before you, oh master of Knockbreda! :D

I am currently fighting in the top spots as Knockbreda too. Hoping to get some international football this season. Managed to win the All-Ireland last season and I hope to repeat that success again.

I'm Newcastle in the 2015/2016 season. Currently 7th in Premier league and can go top with my games in hand. Also in euro cup, won four out of four in group stages.

Star player, definitely Jonjo Shelvey, 13 goals in 15 games so far.

Huddersfield Town, just done my first season on my edited database, won promotion on the last day of the season by 1 point, as despite drawing at home to Bristol Rovers, Southend (who started the day a point behind me) could also only draw, so won promotion to the Championship. Now got a challenge to try and bring in some better quality players for my foray into England's 2nd tier.

Brighton at the start of the 7th season.

got double promoted in 1st 2 seasons, this is my 2nd season in champs league, 3rd in europe, just signed a player for £87m. Sahko bettter be worth it!.

sitting top after 3 games with 3 wins, over city totenham and sunderland.

won the community shield and the Fa cup and league cup last season.

also won the u21 euro champs with england in the summer

I was Queensland Roar in my 2nd season with the club starting the 2018 season. Won the regular season last year, started off quite poorly this term though.

Star players Joseph MacDonald (AM RC) and David Ferrante (DM C) both regens.

I started off managing Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Got them promoted back to the SPL but we went on a nine-game losing streak and I decided I couldn't do anything further for them. So in October of my second season, I resigned.

Pretty much straight away I was offered the QPR job and took it. They were bottom of the Championship and really struggling. I'm in March now and I've managed to pull them away from the relegation zone and I think I'm doing quite well. There's a lot of disharmony among the players, though.

I'm managing Villa and approaching the middle of my third season... Doing fairly well first season was a bit rocky, finishing 9th in the league with a fairly poor showing in the cups too... after just managing to hold onto my job, I rebuilt over the summer to turn it more into my team than Martin O'Neil's.

Second season I finished 7th which me and the board were happy with, and with no European football to congest the fixture list we reached the finals of the league cup and FA cup before bowing out to Arsenal and Chelsea respectively.

Season 3 has started well and have been fluctuating anywhere between 4th and 7th. My aim is for 5th and a cup win...

I'm managing Fulham. 3rd season in game, but my first full season at Craven Cottage since being poached from Stockport.

Kept them in the Championship last season, and sat comfortably in the play off places in February this season. Gary Hooper for £8.5M possibly the best purchase I've ever made. 16 goals so far this season, after getting 19 in the premier league for scunthorpe last season.

Players don't seem to like me though :( A new one seems to fall out with me every week

I'm managing Villa and approaching the middle of my third season... Doing fairly well first season was a bit rocky, finishing 9th in the league with a fairly poor showing in the cups too... after just managing to hold onto my job, I rebuilt over the summer to turn it more into my team than Martin O'Neil's.

Second season I finished 7th which me and the board were happy with, and with no European football to congest the fixture list we reached the finals of the league cup and FA cup before bowing out to Arsenal and Chelsea respectively.

Season 3 has started well and have been fluctuating anywhere between 4th and 7th. My aim is for 5th and a cup win...

UPDATE: Just been knocked out of the League Cup in the quarter finals by 2 late Chelsea goals at Stamford Bridge...

im managing blackwell mw, just got promoted to the blue square premier with acrrington stanley pushing me all the way (accrinton stanley who are they? lol)

about 300k in debt but im hopeful i can clear it a bit, everyone is on a proffessional contract and training and youth facilities are to be upgraded.

My game is all over the place. Started automatic rep at Gold Coast in A-League. Left at the end of the 2014/15 season after tearing up in Asia and Australia.

Went to Chelsea (I still wonder how) but got pipped for league twice and didn't manage to win a trophy in the second season so I walked from the job and went to Villa as the respective clubs ended up doing a manager swap.

Had a good 4 years there winning the league once and CL once, before I needed a change and went to Sevilla. Worst decision ever as I was under pressure for 95% of my time there, got into Europa before once again jumping ship and spending a year in managerial wilderness.

Then my return to Villa saw me rise them back to 5th, before Real came and made an offer I couldn't refuse and my 2nd match in charge was a 4-0 Spanish Cup Final win. I've won 6 from 7 trophies possible from my time here in 1 and a half seasons but Barca being such a force at the moment (2026/27 season now) they tend to kill everyone a bit so its still a bit of a tough ask, so I finished 2nd last year.

The is my game in a nutshell... a rather big nutshell though.

Just started my 12th season as Barca, after winning la liga the first year, runners-up the next 3 to Real, but the last 7 I have taken, and the last few years Real have faltered ever since they sold C.Ronaldo. Only managed the Qtr-Finals the first 2 seasons in the CL, but then won it, faltered the next season at just the knockout stage, but then went on to win it 5 years in a row, then lost to Man City in the final, but made up with it the next season.

Most of my team are regens, but I still have Bojan, Messi, Iniesta(though this is going to be his last season with me), Chygrynskyi, Pique(Captain), Rodwell(bought for 6th season), Insua(bought for 3rd season), Fabregas(Bought January of 3rd season), and Aguero(bought for 5th season).

Would do some international management, but I feel it's too much of a chore so I can't get interested in it. I was England Manager for 24 days before I quit without ever managing a game.

Who did Real sell Ronaldo to?

In my third season with the Kansas City Wizards in MLS. I won the President's Trophy in each of the first two seasons for the best record in the regular season. I won the U.S. Cup in the first season and the MLS Cup in the second season. I am really struggling to find any offense this season as my two top strikers have aged-out. I hope to squeeze into the playoffs with a mid-table finish. Internationally, I tried my hand managing India, but resigned after two heavy losses. I now manage Israel and we are in the qualifying stage for Euro 2012. Right now, I sit third in my group.

MLS. New York Red Bulls. Best time I've had at a club in a while. My full career can been read through in the Careers Forum. Haven't won a trophy yet though, I've been close a few times. :D

God Bless another MLSer! I have lived and breathed MLS (and the Kansas City Wizards) since its inception!

In my first season at the moment, after taking over at Kettering Town. Currently second in the league, unbeaten after around 8 games, six points behind Histon who have won every game. Not been able to really bring in any transfers, except a goalkeeper from Ipswich. Managed to get in some loan players which have made the defence strong and also getting us goals, with Fran Merida being involved in 7 goals in 8 games.

aston villa, finished 2nd in the first season. second seasons a bit harder although im still sitting 5th. bit of a squad crisis the now though with players saying we are underachieving and a few of them not liking each other. its the english players that dislike each other, i could put out a starting eleven of english players so you'd think they'd all get along?

Archived