How many leagues can I run? (Yep yet another of those!)

Ok lads and ladies it's the same question as is asked all the time, how many leagues can I run without it being so slow that I could get all my coaching badges and actually be managing a team by the time I hit my first pre season friendly:

Intel Pentium 4

Windows XP

2.00GHZ

1.00GB of RAM

Bear in mind I have no idea what any of the above means! Also to add a bit of variety to the thread, how many leagues do you run? Does anyone run every league in europe as is my dream?!

Slow day off work- Aztec!

Ok lads and ladies it's the same question as is asked all the time, how many leagues can I run without it being so slow that I could get all my coaching badges and actually be managing a team by the time I hit my first pre season friendly:

Intel Pentium 4

Windows XP

2.00GHZ

1.00GB of RAM

Bear in mind I have no idea what any of the above means! Also to add a bit of variety to the thread, how many leagues do you run? Does anyone run every league in europe as is my dream?!

Slow day off work- Aztec!

Everyones definition of slow varies.

On my 4400X2 I think it's too slow with one league, but I run 12 icon_biggrin.gif

You should be able to run three without a problem, depending upon how big the league is. (i.e running Iceland and SPL won't tax it too much, running Italy to C2 and England to Conf N/S might. I'd recommend running the big three (Eng, Ita, Spa) and seeing how you go.

Need more RAM though.

I dont think you'll be able to run lots. I'm assuming you want to start in England so try all the english leagues to see how it goes. Unfortunately no matter how good your computer is, and yours isn't great by todays standards, it will slow down eventually as you go through the seasons.

One thing that might help is not running things like Internet explorer(or whatever browser you use), winamp MSN and similar at the same time as FM. Open the task manager and select processes and disable as many of these that you can before you start.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Linfield Fc:

i have 1000gb ram </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you don't.

And if you're counting virtual RAM, you still don't.

You might have 1024MB of RAM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so if my specs were-

Intel® Core Duo CPU T2250

1.73GHz

2gb ram

how many leagues do you reckon i could run?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a core 2 duo 2.33 Ghz and 4gb ram (although windows only recognises 3.2gb) and I am currently running 34 leagues on a medium database so I would imagine that you could possibly run maybw 20-25 or more if your really patient.

Archived