Need help with Youth

well personally i like to keep them at my club all the time, which means no loans. i also adjust the training schedules so that they are changed and increased int he correct attributes that are important for their position. i dont put physical too high because that tires them if its too high.

away from training i normally put them into the youth team or reserve team if they are 17 or under. if they are 18 and i feel they are good enough i put them on my bench and play them off late in games if im dominating. that would be for at least the first 6 months. after that i may start them a few times against lower oppostion to give them a bit more experience.maybe the cup games too. but def not the champions league games. they wouldnt have an effect there.

I usually tutor them for half a season every season til I run out of tutors. I only ever loan them out in the second half of the season. I do this because I don't want to send my youngsters to a team that's struggling. They'll probably get low stats there, and that'll hinder progress. So I wait to see how the tables shape up then send them out to a team that'll give them first team football. I always make sure they allow me to recall him (just in case he can't preform).

Sometimes I actually throw them at the start of random league/cup games I'm supposed to win relatively easily. A lot of my players have developed a lot this way, but they did have ok stats to begin with, decent CCChampionship minimum.

well personally i like to keep them at my club all the time, which means no loans. i also adjust the training schedules so that they are changed and increased int he correct attributes that are important for their position. i dont put physical too high because that tires them if its too high.

away from training i normally put them into the youth team or reserve team if they are 17 or under. if they are 18 and i feel they are good enough i put them on my bench and play them off late in games if im dominating. that would be for at least the first 6 months. after that i may start them a few times against lower oppostion to give them a bit more experience.maybe the cup games too. but def not the champions league games. they wouldnt have an effect there.

Wow i actually do things very different to you, I agree on bringing them on late in games and also starting them against lesser opposition but i'm in my second season with liverpool and i brought Dalla Valle on late in a game against rangers in the CL when i was up 1-0 and he scored! It really makes a big difference.

Loans also have made a big improvement to some of my players, atm i have N'Gog loaned out to Recreativo who are sitting in a mid-table position in La Liga after about 12 games and N'Gog has 7 league goals and 2 cup goals and he is the 7th top scorer in La Liga atm which seems to be doing wonders for him. I also loaned out Dalla Valle to Notts Co last season and he did really well with big improvements all around.

It's pretty interesting that we could use very different strategies and still develop players pretty well so i guess its about using your own system and giving young players what you think they need to develop.

i read alot of posts talking about not starting youth players and only giving them cup games etc. no matter what team i manage i tend to play all my good/decent youths with good potentials and they tend to play well and ive never experienced any of them getting burnt out. in my villa game delfouneso, clark and wilshere were regulars who in truth played out there skin. with rangers, wilson, fleck and ness all played really well. in saying that, iv only played fm for two years and it could be that maybe players with a good physical; stamina, strength, will do better and not get burnt out.

do you think this might be the case?

Archived