FML or FM09?

When they come out, which one will you be chosing?

For me, its FM Live. FM09 will offer nothing new and different, as FM08 offers everything you would want in a football game, and I'm bored of that.

FMLive is a new concept, and its new and exciting.

FM09 without a doubt. I don't get enough time to play to justify FML, and whilst people say it won't be any different it will be different enough that I won't be able to look at FM08 after a couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

FM09 without a doubt. I don't get enough time to play to justify FML, and whilst people say it won't be any different it will be different enough that I won't be able to look at FM08 after a couple of weeks.

The reason FM Live exists is for people who dont have enough time to play all the time. You can play a match when you want.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

Perhaps I don't really understand what FML is icon_biggrin.gif I can play a game of FM09 whenever I want (within reason) surely?

Its basically a pick up and play game. You dont go through a normal season, you can arrange your own games, and the more credits you win, the better players you can add to your team.

FM09 all the way.

For me FM is something I play to be by myself and have some "alone" time. If I want to play online I'll just stick my xbox on and play CoD4.

I do think that FML will not doubt be a huge success as the guys at SI dont normally do failures.

From what Marc Duffy has said on the getsacked podcast, its intended that FM Live will be a more 'casual gamers' pick-up and play experience with less in-depth features than the main title. He said that FM09 will continue to be the in-depth hardcore version.

didnt think FM live was really worth it and never really got it wasnt really bothered enough to find out.

those videos on youtube were good though and for a second i was considering buying it, but if you have to subscribe and keep paying a monthly rate i dont think ill bother.

didnt like FM08 so looking forward to FM09 to get me readicted

Definitely FM09. I love plain simple FM games as they do not rely on an internet connection which helps if your internet is lousy.

Plus I don't believe in buying a game and then it paying more money on a monthly basis so you can play on it which is the thing you wanted to do in the first place.

FM09 definitely.

I started beta testing FML in February and I have not been impressed. I'm sure it would be pretty fun once the regens start popping up more, but at the beginning, it's too much of a race to sign the big name players, and I don't like that.

Also, the skill system was pretty bad.

I'll stick to my single player FM and enjoy it icon_smile.gif

I'm going to give FML a go in the hope of better support in relation to patches/fixing issues etc. No more patches for FM08 and it still has loads of issues, so i'm hoping FML will be patched and updated on a regular basis to avoid this.

FML all the way in terms fixes/ new features they are planned to be added every couple of months.

For the people who said above you don't buy the game then pay a subscription. You just pay a subscription.

Probably would have been one of the first in the cue for FML. However I don't really fancy paying a monthly fee for an FM game maybe just a lack of trust after fm 08. Will go for FM 09 if it impresses might consider getting FML at a later period.

FM'09 all the way for me.

I think FM Live would take up way too much time and isn't really what I'm looking for from a FM game.

I did some of the Beta testing for FM live and it was pretty flawed. I'm sure they've managed to iron out some of the issues but it will still suffer from the same issues as any online game - the geeks who do nothing else will dominate it. As a casual gamer it made it infuriating to play. FM09 all the way!

Well ive had the luxury of playing Beta Fm live,

Ill tell you this now, its far more addicting than Fm,

But even though it is, i dont think i will be playing it for more than 2 Months..because i can see it getting continous, but i want to see what happens after 1 season on fm live, which im currently in icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff
I think FM Live would take up way too much time and isn't really what I'm looking for from a FM game

FM Live is quite the opposite. It's not something you would have to stay active in all the time. You could log in, play a couple of matches and make a couple of player offers then log off if you wanted to.

I thought FML was a brilliant idea, the future for SI. Now I've taken a look I think it's going to be a disaster. Obviously it's just a personal opinion but the initial concept of an FM/football online community playing each other using some of the technology developed in the FM series has been ruined. Granted it's still in BETA stage but short of going back to the drawing board I'm not sure it can be fixed.

I really had high hopes for the game but from what I've seen I think FM will continue to be the main product with FML either just surviving or dying out over the next few years. It could actually be a good way for SI to test elements such as the match engine so perhaps it could become a bit of a loss leader.

But maybe I'm wrong and FML will be an amazing release and everyone will flock to it. We can only guess at the moment icon_smile.gif

Archived