It's my team talks...

How do I get my team to keep pushing when I'm a couple of goals (or more) up?

All other team talks I can do, including overturning a 3 goal deficit away to draw 3 all...

But I was 4-1 up at half time in a Europa Leage match and thought great... we can get 7 or 8 here and get a good morale boost out of this... but the game finished 4-1 with as good as no action in the second half...

How do I keep the momentum up?

I do a couple of things that seem to work well.

1 goal lead = Encourage

2 goal lead = Dont say anything

Trailing by a goal = want to see more

2 goals down = playing for pride.

Hope it helps.

See, I tried not giving a team talk in the game I mentioned above... how odd.

Thanks for this... looks useful, I shall give it a try.

If you are winning 4-1, then you should be thankful that the other team didn't score any in the second half.

It is very hard to score more in the second half after finishing the first half with a big score.

If you maintained your score, it means you kept up your morale.

Be happy.

If you are winning 4-1, then you should be thankful that the other team didn't score any in the second half.

It is very hard to score more in the second half after finishing the first half with a big score.

If you maintained your score, it means you kept up your morale.

Be happy.

Don't get me wrong I was happy with the result but I just want to be able to get a couple of extra goals in... Look at Chelsea yesterday for example.

Well, if you are already winning by a few goals, sometimes you will score more, but often it will be very hard because the other team is actually trying harder than you to turn the game.

We all want to get a couple of extra goals in, but what can I say, that's the reality. The winning team will obviously have less motivation than the losing team.

But if the opposing manager sucks and fails to motivate his team, then you might have a chance.

team talks sometimes just makes me think like the players are robots. They just listen to what we say and respond. They just can't think for themselves no matter how experienced they are. A little bit unrealistic.

Shouldn't the captain of the team have some more influence in motivating the team?

Atm captains in FM just looks like shiny badge holders lol

Well, if you are already winning by a few goals, sometimes you will score more, but often it will be very hard because the other team is actually trying harder than you to turn the game.

We all want to get a couple of extra goals in, but what can I say, that's the reality. The winning team will obviously have less motivation than the losing team.

But if the opposing manager sucks and fails to motivate his team, then you might have a chance.

team talks sometimes just makes me think like the players are robots. They just listen to what we say and respond. They just can't think for themselves no matter how experienced they are. A little bit unrealistic.

Shouldn't the captain of the team have some more influence in motivating the team?

Atm captains in FM just looks like shiny badge holders lol

Unless your captain is the super Stylian Petrov!!!! The team always plays better with him on the pitch... May just be coinsidence though :D

Archived