Worst Striker Ever?

Guest El Payaso

Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni scored most goals in Premiership in season '11-12. Daniel Subuola scored twice for West Ham against my Everton side with unbelievable stats. And I had Yobo and Badstuber as CBs...

Ah, and almost forgot. In my Benfica game Evandro Brandao scored twice against Porto when Cardozo and Nuno Gomes were injured.

Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni scored most goals in Premiership in season '11-12. Daniel Subuola scored twice for West Ham against my Everton side with unbelievable stats. And I had Yobo and Badstuber as CBs...

Ah, and almost forgot. In my Benfica game Evandro Brandao scored twice against Porto when Cardozo and Nuno Gomes were injured.

Think you have missed the overall gist of what I meant ^^

I think Diaby, Song and Ramsey are all underrated... but I just think Bendnter is atrocious (IRL and FM).

Bendtner is fb. :D

Lacks composure and is a bit of a d*ck but can produce great finishes and hold up the ball better than Adebayor ever could. Better in the air too, and can run around for ages. :cool:

In FM or rl?

In reality. In FM he's fairly accurately reflected, although perhaps too low technically (have discussed it in the data forum and waiting to see next update). He's performed well when I've managed Arsenal though. Good goals to games ratio and great in the cups and off the bench.

I spent £10m on a Ukrainian FC called Semenyov. Looks like a tank going by his physical stats and supposedly can score a few with either his head or his feet. I wasn't looking for him to be my superstar, but he was a huge purchase for a newly promoted side (Palace) and scored 1 goal in the first 6 months. At one stage I had to take him out and give him a run in the reserves because he was missing so many chances and the commentary was saying his confidence was shot. He came back and scored a couple more, but by the time I was sacked (by a new board so I can tell myself it was nothing to do with the fact we were dead certs to get relegated :) ) I think he'd only managed 3 in total at a cost of £3.33333m per goal before signing fee, wages and bonuses (not many of them at least). I think he's done pretty well under my successor.

I spent £10m on a Ukrainian FC called Semenyov. Looks like a tank going by his physical stats and supposedly can score a few with either his head or his feet. I wasn't looking for him to be my superstar, but he was a huge purchase for a newly promoted side (Palace) and scored 1 goal in the first 6 months. At one stage I had to take him out and give him a run in the reserves because he was missing so many chances and the commentary was saying his confidence was shot. He came back and scored a couple more, but by the time I was sacked (by a new board so I can tell myself it was nothing to do with the fact we were dead certs to get relegated :) ) I think he'd only managed 3 in total at a cost of £3.33333m per goal before signing fee, wages and bonuses (not many of them at least). I think he's done pretty well under my successor.

So sounds like it was your tactics :D

Huntelaaaar.under management of AI

11klaasjanhuntelaar.jpg

sorry for the ugly screnie,dont know what happened

That's just dreadful!

I signed a regen for £6.5m and he scored single figures - in all competitions! No injuries either! I had to demote him to by Under-20s as an overage player to get his form back, only to discover he couldn't hit a barn door there either. I did impulse-buy him as Napoli went into administration and I got him as a cheap backup, although I suppose in hindsight Napoli were the ones that benefited.

He's now at Genoa banging in nearly 20 league goals per season, typically. Hasn't scored against me... Yet.

Diamanti is hardly a striker, so expecting him to score grapples of goals (in FM or IRL) is wishful thinking.

As for me, I haven't had bad luck with my strikers so far, except with Tomas Pekhart [spurs fans probably remember him].

Signed him for free, and he seemed he could be a decent long-term substitute for the aging Steffen Iversen...

Instead he failed to click with my tactic, or with whatever variation I tried, and he just managed to score ONE goal, delivering 5 assists in a total of 19 appearences over two seasons.

In-between he was a hit in the B team and away on loan [second and First division respectively].

Now he's on loan again, at Espanyol [7 goals in 11 apps between La Liga and Copa del Rey], so I just assume it was my fault for him not being able to score or to play decently...

So sounds like it was your tactics :D

Ha! Touche. I should point out the guy has gone on to do well at a level below the one I signed him for. He's also Ukrainian and has taken 2 years to acquire basic English so clearly settling with the side was a problem. That aside, you're right because I never worked out how best to play him.

I signed Morimoto for my Real Betis team, didn't score any goals in his first 20 games (12 as a sub) 1 assist, then he cam out and started saying he thought the club was under achieving!! Suffice to say he was promptly put on the transfer list, eventually joining wolves for a princely £1.5mil after I signed him for 9.75mil.

Diamanti is a beast in front of goal compared with the two attackers Nani got us last season, Tristan and Di Michele were truly awful.

In real life Iain Dowie went 28 games without a goal for the irons, For me the worst has been Genaro Zeefuik who scored an amazingly poor 12 goals in 129 games for Heerenveen.

I think Diaby, Song and Ramsey are all underrated... but I just think Bendnter is atrocious (IRL and FM).

Bendtner's 22 ffs :D

He has loads of time to improve, and he has for me in my Arsenal save, past season 2. Top scorer for me last season, won CL Golden Boot with 11 in 11, including the CL matchwinner.

Heskey was pretty hurrendous in my first season at Villa, got 2 goals in about 15 + (15) games... as an Arsenal fan I've also had the "pleasure" of Bendtner... :rolleyes:

Is that not his best season yet? The only striker who doesn't score goals.

Salvatore Foti back in FM09, I signed him as a long term replacement for Drogba on my Chelsea team during a January window for something like £13-15m. The first year he was just *****, pure and simple, I think he managed something like a goal and an assist in 15-ish appearances and had a rating of 6.6 something. Anyways, a year after he came I had no choice but to use him as first choice striker due to injuries, and what does he do? He becomes the EPL top-scorer in 22 games (17 from start, and didn't start a game until mid-December) crisis averted! I guess I have, overall, been quite lucky with my strikers.

I bought Pato for £49.5m +1 promising regen.

To be fair hsi first 2 seasons were amazing, scored about 50 league goals, then in his 3rd season scored 6 in 30. And went on a 28 hour goal drought!!!

I bought the ageing Rivaldo in January had him for 6 months at Valencia hopeless scored once and that was in the cup, not just a poor goal scoring / assist rating but also made strange moves like once was running down the wing towards their goal and decided to pass it back all the way to my gk....

I signed Guiseppi Rossi for my Liverpool side and he was completely awful. He never scored a single goal in pre-season or in ANY competition. I got rid of him after his first season with me.

I signed Guiseppi Rossi for my Liverpool side and he was completely awful. He never scored a single goal in pre-season or in ANY competition. I got rid of him after his first season with me.

Same for me! :confused:

I also signed him for Liverpool in the summer (this was on FM09 though), and sold him in January at a loss, having amassed a grand total of zero goals. Must have been hard-coded for an ex-United player to be gash if he signed for Liverpool :thdn:

Calm down, we get the point. David Nugent is trash :D

You ruined it :p I was going to put that every couple days to see if anyone noticed my hatred towards Nugent! But you have spoiled my fun :D

David Janczyk at Lokeren who are third in Belgium with 18 STARTS, 1 goal. :confused:

He's been quite good for me in another save and I'm looking to sign him for cheap with Standard, but wow...worst record I've seen in FM!

I'm playing Lokeren right now, I have a feeling he'll score one against me.

That's just dreadful!

I signed a regen for £6.5m and he scored single figures - in all competitions! No injuries either! I had to demote him to by Under-20s as an overage player to get his form back, only to discover he couldn't hit a barn door there either. I did impulse-buy him as Napoli went into administration and I got him as a cheap backup, although I suppose in hindsight Napoli were the ones that benefited.

He's now at Genoa banging in nearly 20 league goals per season, typically. Hasn't scored against me... Yet.

That's probably an accurate reflection on Huntelaar in real life.

Diamanti is hardly a striker, so expecting him to score grapples of goals (in FM or IRL) is wishful thinking.

As for me, I haven't had bad luck with my strikers so far, except with Tomas Pekhart [spurs fans probably remember him].

Signed him for free, and he seemed he could be a decent long-term substitute for the aging Steffen Iversen...

Instead he failed to click with my tactic, or with whatever variation I tried, and he just managed to score ONE goal, delivering 5 assists in a total of 19 appearences over two seasons.

In-between he was a hit in the B team and away on loan [second and First division respectively].

Now he's on loan again, at Espanyol [7 goals in 11 apps between La Liga and Copa del Rey], so I just assume it was my fault for him not being able to score or to play decently...

I signed Pekhart on-loan when I was playing Real Sociedad in the Liga Adelante and he's scored like 6 goals in 10 games to help me win promotion. I used him primarily as a substitute target man whenever my team is behind and/or not been to score. And I set target man passing instructions to passes aiming at his head as he has pretty decent jumping and heading abilities.

Bendtner's 22 ffs :D

He has loads of time to improve, and he has for me in my Arsenal save, past season 2. Top scorer for me last season, won CL Golden Boot with 11 in 11, including the CL matchwinner.

I second that, he's very good for his age & target men are generally slower to develop irl because of the strength and intelligence aspect of their game, people judge him badly because he misses sitters sometimes but at least he gets into positions to score, the rest will come!

Archived