Missing Big Game

So my star winger is going to miss the champions league final :(

with what may you ask?

Torn hamstring? Ruptured knee ligaments? Cracked rib? No...

A fractured wrist :(

Now i know before you ask, in a normal game, he wouldnt play cause he might fall and injure it more. But this is a champions league final, and the last game of the season. Surely in real life a player would strap it up and risk it for the sake of his club?

What id love to see in FM 11 is a player come out and say for injuries like this, say he will take the risk for his club.

when did the player break it?

2 weeks before. out for 4 weeks.

i mean i know it would probably be painful. but at the end of the day. its the biggest game of the season. all players want to win the champions league, and we stand a far better chance with him.

i think in real life, he would strap it up and take pain killers.

Would love if it still was possible to choose injured players for the matchsquad.

That way i would (have to) pay more attention to what's going on in the game. Now i'm just going on autopilot.

If my star striker was sorely needed for, let's say, the champions league final, and he was injured with a bruised hand (which seems takes forever to heal in the game with similar light injuries) i would still like him to play. Or at least have the option to still choose him.

If i were an awful manager i could still put my crippled goalkeeper in goal. But i probably wouldn't. I woud just like to make those decisions myself, instead of the game taking those decisions for me.

2 weeks before. out for 4 weeks.

i mean i know it would probably be painful. but at the end of the day. its the biggest game of the season. all players want to win the champions league, and we stand a far better chance with him.

Yeah, I think most people would.

Too bad it wasn't in the last game before it happened or you could have asked him to play with the injections.

Just to take other sports for example. Damien Martyn batted with a broken finger just to play in the 2003 Cricket WC. A Kiwi All-rounder was even considering having a broken finger amputated to play in the 2007 Cricket WC

Player: "The boss wants me to play on saturday, I know its the CL final and all, but you know it is just my job and the team doctor has advised me not to play. If I do fall over (in a contact sport, more than likely) it could make things a lot worse and I may have to have an operation to correct things.

Thank god the team doc has prevented me from competing, means I dont have to decide between the team and my health."

Archived