I think a good idea for fm2011 would be to have open trials for your club.

You would be able to choose a specific position or pick all positions.

You would be able to choose a specific age or pick all ages.

You choose where to hold the trials, you are allowed to choose from: Your own stadium, any of your feeder or parent club's stadiums, if you're allowed to scout in other countries then you are allowed to hold open trials in any of those countries but to pick where to hold it in that country you need to ask a team if you can use their ground they might accept, reject or negotiate over the deal.

Next you pick a date.

Then may decide to include any deals if you're holding trials at another club's ground:

Ground renting fees

The other team get's first pick over players

Monthly installments

I think the idea is interesting but I think you're making things too complicated.

Maybe a simpler idea would be to have something similar to the England Trialists matches but only for your club. Say at the start of the off-season the club holds a trial day for youngsters. So regens between the age 0f 16-18 come along for the day and your scouts and coaches give their opinion on the better ones.

Interesting idea, don't think it'll get into the game though.

I have wanted this feature in for a while and here is how I would like to see it done.

1) As FM09darlo says, you should be able to set up a few matches where are large number of players in all positions can try out and you can offer contracts to whoever you want.

2) I would like to be able to select a specific position and then youngsters who can play in that position join my youth team for a period of time (a couple of days or so) and train with them, during which time your coaches can form a fairly accurate opinion and inform you who they think should be kept on as a youth player.

I have wanted this feature in for a while and here is how I would like to see it done.

1) As FM09darlo says, you should be able to set up a few matches where are large number of players in all positions can try out and you can offer contracts to whoever you want.

2) I would like to be able to select a specific position and then youngsters who can play in that position join my youth team for a period of time (a couple of days or so) and train with them, during which time your coaches can form a fairly accurate opinion and inform you who they think should be kept on as a youth player.

yeah it's a great idea i'm sure something similar may happen IRL anyway so would be nice in the game

yeah it's a great idea i'm sure something similar may happen IRL anyway so would be nice in the game

That’s how my old sports college did it, not on a large scale that you’re suggesting, but they have intakes for the juniors every so often. I’d like to see this idea implemented. :thup:

That’s how my old sports college did it, not on a large scale that you’re suggesting, but they have intakes for the juniors every so often. I’d like to see this idea implemented. :thup:

Clyde have been doing it for the past couple of seasons.

Archived