Crazy World Rankings?

Currently in 2014 in my game, and just checked the World Rankings, where I noticed that England had dropped to 11th.

Who replaced them?

Albania

Incredible. A team with just 13 real players (and a bunch of greyed out guys), the highest valued being Cana at £3.1m, are up to 10th in the World Rankings.

They came 5th (out of 6) in the 2010 WCQ group, 4th (out of 6) behind Germany, Greece and N. Ireland in the ECQ 2012, before coming 1st in their WCQ 2012 group (weirdly drawn with Germany and Greece again, who both missed out). They came 3rd in the WC group, behind Spain and Chile (beating Guetemala). Currently top of their ECQ group after three games, beating England but losing to Serbia. All three are on six points.

Croatia are also 3rd, Romania 7th, Ivory Coast 8th. Brazil (who seem to do awful in every game I play) are 9th. Germany (with their actual players) are 17th, Portugal 24th.

In the co-efficients, Italy are now 1st with Spain down to 3rd. In a previous save, where I let it run to 2018, England were 5th. :eek: That's only 3 CL and 3 EL places.

Not questioning how the World Rankings are formulated, as they seem to reflect results pretty well. They won their WCQ group, beating Germany twice, and beat England in the current ECQ group, so sounds about right.

Just amazed they've done so well!

Still trying to decode Tyoldinho's post..

brazil were 36th on my game before the 2014 world cup behind finland, bosnia, n ireland, peru, ghana and south korea. strange...

This is probably because they were not playing many competitive games due to hosting the WC

This is probably because they were not playing many competitive games due to hosting the WC

Still, it's unrealistic that they'll drop that far down the world rankings. Germany were 19th before the 2006 WC and Portugal were 22nd before the 2004 EC. So presumably, Brazil were already fairly low down (10-20ish I imagine) in his game prior to WCQ.

In my 2123 holiday save the ranking looks like this :

Worldrankings2123.png

That's not that bad is it, for 114 seasons passing by? Loaded nations were : England, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Albania. Norway won EC once, Albania twice in the 2080's and one time runner up in World Cup (also in 2080's).

Not questioning how the World Rankings are formulated, as they seem to reflect results pretty well. They won their WCQ group, beating Germany twice, and beat England in the current ECQ group, so sounds about right.

Just amazed they've done so well!

It's certainly not unheard of in real life for international minnows to get wins over much stronger nations and climb the rankings massively. Look at where Scotland ended up after they'd beaten France twice in the 2008 qualifiers; they were still not brilliant, but primarily due to those two wins they were up to 13th, ahead of the reigning European champions (I still have no idea how the hell Greece won Euro 2004) and just two places behind England. Two years earlier they weren't even in the top 50, and half a year before that they were at their lowest ever point in the FIFA rankings.
Still trying to decode Tyoldinho's post..
I can help with that...
It is crazy to have two teams in 3rd place :eek: your right!!
Croatia are also 3rd

with Spain down to 3rd.

He didn't notice that with Spain you were on about the co-efficients rather than the world rankings ;)

Archived