Rules on Foreign Player restriction in Asian Football?

Hey,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the AFC (Asian Football) rules are for foreign players? I think Asian are allowed 4 foreign players in their squad? Or something like 4+1 (5 Foreigners overall but only 4 are allowed to be non-Asian)

Do all leagues in Asia have to follow these rules? As FC Bunyodkor in Uzbekistan seem to have about 8 or 9 foreign players in their squad!? Or are each leagues rules independent?

The reason I am asking this is because I am trying to create some more leagues in Asia, most notably Qatar and Uzbekistan. I'm not Asian so my knowledge of Asian football isn't great so I need to find out what the Foreign Player restriction rules are.

I don't know personally. However, you could load up a new game, with all the current Asian leagues loaded, and go to the league and click the "Rules" sub-tab.

Alternatively, there's always Wikipedia

I've already checked wiki but not had any joy and as for the first option I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that lol! Even so, doing that still wouldn't tell me if Uzbekistan's rules are different... thats the only anomaly as Qatar seems to follow the 4 rule or the 4+1 rule like other Asian nations seem to, just Bunyodkor in Uzbekistan have double the amount of foreigners than anyone else!

AFC Project Thread

Asian international competitions state that unlimited foreigners can be registered for competitions, but only 5 can be in the match day squad and 4 in the starting XI.

Some leagues that have player registration have the same restrictions that follow AFC rules, but in China you can sign as many foreigners as you want but the rule above applies on matchday. In the Hong Kong First Division, you're allowed up to 10 foreigners (I don't remember how many you can select on matchday though).

AFC Project Thread

Asian international competitions state that unlimited foreigners can be registered for competitions, but only 5 can be in the match day squad and 4 in the starting XI.

Some leagues that have player registration have the same restrictions that follow AFC rules, but in China you can sign as many foreigners as you want but the rule above applies on matchday. In the Hong Kong First Division, you're allowed up to 10 foreigners (I don't remember how many you can select on matchday though).

Thanks rancer890... your info is very much appreciated and is very helpful! I shall check out the AFC Project thread as well.

Archived