Assistant Managers?

Mine always leave me at the end of my first season as they dont like the new contracts I offer them. I get in a new one, usually a random, and they are just as good as my original AM. As for their use, OI and press conferences they can be of use, otherwise, not so much. I'm sure others will disagree.

I always leave mine in charge of the Reserve team and sorting out opposing team instructions, so I like to try and employ one that is good with youngsters and tactical knowledge.

do they sort out the opposing teams instruction automatically?

I dont use Ass mans anymore. They are a typical under-implemented FM feature alas. The final straw was when my ass man took charge of a pre-season friendly for my Milan side and managed to 'Slt' the entire 22 man first team by not 'giving them enough credit' which duly cost me my job after we lost the first 5 games of the season ..

The OI they recommend are usually dumb too. Hard tackling and closing down etc. In almost every match you are light years better off NOT employing OI and keeping your tactics/shape imho.

Never use the ass man for press confernces he will always f*** you up.

lol yeah, if ever you find yourself wondering wtf is wrong with your team performances of late, just start doing your own press conferences.

Oh and the one where you Ass Man tips your fierce rivals for the title is always a laugh. :thup:

I use mine mostly for self-scouting, so I always try to get a guy with 20/20 JPA/JPP. That way I know I can trust his evaluation of my own players (I also set him to attend all trainings as an extra body, which seems to give him good information about all of the players; in the past, I've had him only attend, say, attacking training, and found his opinions on my defensive players to be lacking a bit). He also functions as the second tier of scouting; any player I want a report on I send to him, and he does a write up on anyone my scouts highly recommend.

Generally speaking, though, pick an assman that compliments you; if you're willing to go to your press conferences, say, you can skip media handling. If you're good tactically (or have a coach that's good tactically), you can skip tactical ability. Since I mostly use mine for straight scouting, I've found that a lot of times I can find a good scout at a big club and bring him over to my team as an assman.

I use mine mostly for self-scouting, so I always try to get a guy with 20/20 JPA/JPP. That way I know I can trust his evaluation of my own players (I also set him to attend all trainings as an extra body, which seems to give him good information about all of the players; in the past, I've had him only attend, say, attacking training, and found his opinions on my defensive players to be lacking a bit). He also functions as the second tier of scouting; any player I want a report on I send to him, and he does a write up on anyone my scouts highly recommend.

Generally speaking, though, pick an assman that compliments you; if you're willing to go to your press conferences, say, you can skip media handling. If you're good tactically (or have a coach that's good tactically), you can skip tactical ability. Since I mostly use mine for straight scouting, I've found that a lot of times I can find a good scout at a big club and bring him over to my team as an assman.

thats a quality reply:thup: i didnt even know you could get him to attend training lol

Archived