"8.02 issues and workarounds"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hampton7:

Right, I have 256 MB of RAM, how am I supposed to run the editor and fix these issues?

And why hasn't anything been done about the whole 'confidence' thing?

Another patch has to be on the cards, surely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not just buy more RAM? You can get a GB of RAM for £20 on any decent computer site (that excludes any of the high street sites).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loc187:

You're all sounds funny telling Hampton7 to BUY ram to fix bugs which should be fixed by SI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's SI's fault he hasn't enougb RAM to run the editor? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glyn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by loc187:

You're all sounds funny telling Hampton7 to BUY ram to fix bugs which should be fixed by SI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's SI's fault he hasn't enougb RAM to run the editor? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems SI are getting pretty much blamed for everything these days. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glyn:

It's SI's fault he hasn't enougb RAM to run the editor? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean you didn't know?

No. I didn't mean that. I dont't blame SI, but those who tell Hampton7 to buy ram.

When company sell e.g. car with broken gearbox nobody tells you to buy some speciall tools (jack or smthng). They just change it to a new one.

When company sell e.g. car with broken gearbox nobody tells you to buy some speciall tools (jack or smthng). They just change it to a new one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you buy a car but can't afford to put petrol in the tank to run it, do you go back to the dealer and make them change it for a different one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robzilla:

When company sell e.g. car with broken gearbox nobody tells you to buy some speciall tools (jack or smthng). They just change it to a new one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you buy a car but can't afford to put petrol in the tank to run it, do you go back to the dealer and make them change it for a different one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a completely different example. His computer exceeds the game's requirements, why should he spend money to fix SI's "broken" (I use this term very loosely) game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">His computer exceeds the game's requirements </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to the box, his computer matches the absolute MINIMUM requirement of RAM for the game. The recommeneded RAM is 1GB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

You 're all sounds funny telling Hampton7 to BUY ram to fix bugs which should be fixed by SI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems SI are getting pretty much blamed for everything these days. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just fair hat people should spend extra money becourse SI don't want to put up a fix? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

It's just fair hat people should spend extra money becourse SI don't want to put up a fix? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He should get more ram regardless, 256 is nothing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trillkott:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

It's just fair hat people should spend extra money becourse SI don't want to put up a fix? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He should get more ram regardless, 256 is nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No and? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robzilla:

If you buy a car but can't afford to put petrol in the tank to run it, do you go back to the dealer and make them change it for a different one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No but if you buy a new car with a broken gearbox you get a new for free

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trillkott:

He should get more ram regardless, 256 is nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It runs 2 leagues just fine which is all that I need.

If you buy a car but can't afford to put petrol in the tank to run it, do you go back to the dealer and make them change it for a different one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Petrol to a car is the same as electricity to a computer, which I can afford.

editor does not work in my 286 with 2mb of RAM!!!! I blame SI!!!! Also the game is not working quick enough at 16mhz, and the game has few players because the hard drive has its 40mb nearly filled.

SI, buy me a new PC or I won't buy your game anymore!!! or just make fm2009 capable of running in my lovely pc!!!! it's of course your fault!!!

Btw, 256mb of ram are not enough in 2008 IMHO. I bought a pc on 2000 with 256mb and 4 years later had to add 256mb more. Last year I bought another pc (this with 2GB) because my old pc was not good enough for current software.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xouman:

editor does not work in my 286 with 2mb of RAM!!!! I blame SI!!!! Also the game is not working quick enough at 16mhz, and the game has few players because the hard drive has its 40mb nearly filled.

SI, buy me a new PC or I won't buy your game anymore!!! or just make fm2009 capable of running in my lovely pc!!!! it's of course your fault!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just stupid. His computer matches the minimum specs in the box, it should work fine for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xouman:Btw, 256mb of ram are not enough in 2008 IMHO. I bought a pc on 2000 with 256mb and 4 years later had to add 256mb more. Last year I bought another pc (this with 2GB) because my old pc was not good enough for current software. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The box says it is, it should be. Everyone knows the more RAM the better. And great for you that you can afford a new computer, some people can't.

Everyone's quick to jump on this guy but his pc does meet the minimum requirements - if SI have set them too low to try and boost sales then that is also their fault.

They did release an inaccurate and problematic data update - I understand how it happened but carelessness is never an excuse in a professional organisation - I'm sure SI will release a fixed database, however.

Hampton7 :

You can play with the update just on the 8.01 database

I think you need to read his posts a bit more carefully

He is accepting that his laptop is underpowered, meets the minmium requirements and processes 2 leagues at a pace he is happy / appreciative of.

His issue is that the recent patch / database update contains a few data errors that can be easily corrected by editing the database but he is unable to

His issue is that his laptop is not able to load up the database

As dafuge rightly says, if he remains patient then a revised 8.02 patch with corrected database maybe issued

I expect SI will do this but are waiting for any adverse impacts that are reported after trhe weekends playing by us all

I'm sure a new database ill be made available and he will be happy

Will you all just shut the f up, I don't have money for a new computer right now and as I've said I can run 2 leagues without any problems which is all I need. I just want to start a new game, on the new database, without messing around with it in the editor, k?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wackettdagenham:

And?? - you can still change you RAM on a laptop just as easy as a desktop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't a lot of laptops have a maximum capacity of 256MB of RAM?

At least, most the items I've looked at have.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wackettdagenham:

And?? - you can still change you RAM on a laptop just as easy as a desktop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it really that simple to change ram in a laptop? I had no idea it was so cheap and I'd love an upgrade. Do you know a website with step by step instructions or something?

Thanks for any help i know im cheeky lol.

You're all missing the point for the sake of defending SI

If he meets the minimum requirements then that is all that matters. If you're all saying you need more than 256mb to run FM then SI are in the wrong for printing misleading requirements aren't they?

He has a valid complaint and it's a shame some people have to run in to this problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jase1982:

Don't a lot of laptops have a maximum capacity of 256MB of RAM?

At least, most the items I've looked at have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly...if this was 1998.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hampton7:

Will you all just shut the f up, I don't have money for a new computer right now and as I've said I can run 2 leagues without any problems which is all I need. I just want to start a new game, on the new database, without messing around with it in the editor, k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calm down mate, some people(myself included) think you are 100% correct to be annoyed. As it has been stated you have enough RAM to run FM and it is 100% SI's fault that you can't get the full benefits of the latest patch due to a few employees incompetance. I for 1 truely hope for a fix this week as it would be shameful of SI not to.

I appreciate that the game has become so complex that some errors are always going to slip through, but big ones like Defoe and the Turkish clubs are unacceptable and must be fixed with an 8.0.2 update or even an 8.0.3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

Will you all just shut the f up, I don't have money for a new computer right now and as I've said I can run 2 leagues without any problems which is all I need. I just want to start a new game, on the new database, without messing around with it in the editor, k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calm down mate, some people(myself included) think you are 100% correct to be annoyed. As it has been stated you have enough RAM to run FM and it is 100% SI's fault that you can't get the full benefits of the latest patch due to a few employees incompetance. I for 1 truely hope for a fix this week as it would be shameful of SI not to.

I appreciate that the game has become so complex that some errors are always going to slip through, but big ones like Defoe and the Turkish clubs are unacceptable and must be fixed with an 8.0.2 update or even an 8.0.3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Here's a solution.

Ask someone to make the corrections and save/upload the corrected database for you.

Instead of being abrasive and acting like a ****ing prat about it.

I'm sure you don't even have to ask for it. There is probably already one available, probably on this very forum, in the Editor's Hideaway.

If that's too much for you to do, then just deal with the errors, or reinstall the game and play without the patches. I don't understand why you feel so victimised over nothing.

Right, I have 256 MB of RAM, how am I supposed to run the editor and fix these issues?

And why hasn't anything been done about the whole 'confidence' thing?

Another patch has to be on the cards, surely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hampton you may not have the best attitude but on the other hand I totally agree with you on the issue. You are promised that FM runs on 256 RAM and if it does not then as a customer you are abused. Lets hope SI somehow pays a bit more attention to overall satisfaction.

Archived