Scrap ''Long throws'' and add ''long passing'' / ''short passing''

i dont if it just me.

But i honestly when looking at a players technical attributes

I dont even look at their 'long throws''

To me it just seems like one of the unimportant attributes

i suggest separating passing in to 2...

Long passing and short passing

Reason being because i dont think players are as good as they are short passing as they are long passing

Players like Carrick , Gerrard , Beckham are all good at long passing where as there short passing is nothing mentionable

Then we have players like fabregas , xavi , iniesta , messi who are all good at short/on the floor passing.

What do you think?

/discuss

I think the PPMs are used for separating the long passers from the short passes and the adventurous passers from the safe-ball passers. It's similar to tackling where some players are good at standing tackles and some players are good at sliding tackles with PPMs again influencing which they do.

I find the long-throw attribute to be very useful. Admittedly I don't sign players because of it but having someone who can toss a throw-in into the six-yard box is a nice bonus!

For me it's a waste of an attribute, especially as it's been superceded by the 'Delapitator' PPM. I think I agree with trainspotter about passing being affected by PPMs and tactics, but the Long Throw should go.

i agree fully with this statement. i dont think theres any need for a ppm as well as the stat because a long throw is either something you have or dont have. admittedly there will be differing lengths between players but overall i dont think its big enough to justify the attribute being included. it does give the following question though:

if a player has a long bullet throw as ppn how much does the long throw rating effect this?

I Don't think long throws should go.

It's a set piece just like any other. Certain teams have players that can throw the baller further than normal and they tend to use it to their advantage.

That should definitely be reflected in game.

Agree with this. I trained Chiellini in long flat bullet throws and he's got 6 assists from them this season. Long throws are also important in lower leagues if you have someone who can launch it into the area.

The Bullet Throw PPM isn't a players ability to throw the nall a long distance but a preferred throwing style for long throws. Scrapping the Long Throws attribute is really not a good idea. If it wass removed and you wanted to use long passing, how would you know who to set to do this?

I've thought about the OP's point about separating long and short passing before. However I was thinking more about what how "Crossing" is defined - will only long balls into the box from the wings be considered crossing? If not what about long passes from anywhere else? Would a player good at long range passes automatically be good at crossing?

I like long throw, if you have any players with long throws of 16+ you can be a real weapen, as they essentially become corners, just hope for a flick on and if you got a good poacher you can normally squeeze a goal!

To me it just seems like a waste of a attribute

Couldnt it just be put in the PPM only

''has a bullet throw''

''has a long throw''

etc

??

But PPM's are about what a player will try to do in a match. That in no way means that they are good at it, so you couldn't remove the attribute and replace it as a PPM as that isn't giving you an indication of whether the player is actually any good at throwing over distance or not.

The bullet throw is a specific type of long throw, and like I said before, just because a player has a certain PPM, it doesn't mean they are actually effective at them.

And by removing the attribute, how exactly are you supposed to distinguish betweenm those with average, good or excellent long throws?

Then surely we could remove Long Shots, Dribbling and other attributes as well because if they have a PPM that covers these? Yet I've had players with the shoots from distance PPM who have been pretty poor at long shots. PPM's are Player Preffered Moves so scrapping attributes to and replacing them with PPM's instead is just illogical.

Archived