Media speculation on clubs targeting you as a manager

Hi guys,

I was just wondering about something (actually I think I wrote it before in a post on someone´s thread, but now I am facing the situation and would like to learn more about it).

I am in my first year of contract with a top club in Brazil, actually my first season as well. I was surprised because, despite being an International footballer in the game, this is a club with a huge reputation but with fairly poor results lately. They consulted me while I was negotiating with a smaller club and I accepted the contract, even though they´re historic rivals (not in game, but IRL) of my favourite club.

I included this information about which club I rooted for in my game, and then here´s the conundrum.

Season started in January (Brazilian calendar), we´re in October and my favourite club just fired its manager. Immediately I am tipped by the press as the hot favourite to take the position and the press asks me about my interest going there - that "release statement" message.

I decline to issue a statement.

My rationale:

1 - I do want to manage my favourite club

2 - I wouldn´t, as a professional, leave my current club at the present point in time where we´re just fighting for League supremacy point after point against two top teams

3 - I would leave it happily after the season is over and my sense of accomplishment is fulfilled

So...if I decline to make a statement, next thing I know is I am not part of my favorite club´s plans as I check my manager personal page.

Nothing against it - but, would that reduce my chances of ever managing there in the future?

My point here is: is it a black or white situation? I mean, if I released a statement expressing my interest, I´d be unethical (in my view) and would infuriate the board and fans of my current club.

Nevertheless, I think it would be reasonable to be able to receive a proposal without having to express interest through the press statement and then tell my current club´s chairman that I would leave at the end of the season in a professional way.

On the other hand, as I said, I have the feeling that, by declining to comment, I am shutting the doors for good with my favourite club thorought my career in this save. Is that assumption correct?

I do think that wouldn´t be necessarily truth in real life, as I saw many managers denying interest in specific clubs and then joining them years later.

Anyone has a clue about how it works in FM10?

Cheers,

Tele

Archived