My best achievement ever.

I have only been playing since 08. Hell, being an american, I've only been into the sport since around then. Because of this I've always played fairly easy saves, usually a big club, and always just blowing out my transfer budget.

This year I did the same with Liverpool and was doing great. But, I decided to challenge myself a bit and started a save with Leeds. Not as hard as some, but I had never even played as a mid level prem side.

This is what happened in my fifth season, third in the EPL.

23u3r7l.png

TBH I got lucky. Chelsea had a terrible run of form, ending with a title sealing defeat to me a the bridge. We were bad in all cups but just were on fire in the league. I've never had more fun on a save than this. I had never had the experience on really watching the free's and cheap buys. I've nabbed Defour, Vagner Love and Javi Garcia on frees and other gret deals like Sandro for 5 and jefferson Montero for 1.9.

Just a great save on a great game.:thup:

I would agree that it is your best achievement ever if Liverpool had ended higher in the league. Please donate your extra transfer budget to Rafa next season. Actually, pick the players and buy them for us, haha.

Now on topic, good job. This thread is far more enjoyable to read than the one million "This Game Suckssssss" threads.

i have defeated man city in the ucl final with rangers and won it ... my best achievement in fm 2010 so far, in the 3rd season this happened, i myself established my objective in reaching the quarter-finals but i finished winning it :) i had two danish players who were just amazing, jakob poulsen and michael jorgensen if i remember well :)

i'm having a good save with leeds aswel, just wondering what players (if any) did you keep from the original squad?

Well at this point I have Otamendi and Antunes who signed straight away. Not original but have been with me since league 1. Other than that there have been a few that stayed around for a while but more often than not after a good year I was able to sell so-so players at inflated rates and pick up better guys on the cheap. For instance I sold Beckford after the CC for 6 mil. Then picked up Mileyvski for 5.25.

Are you playing with the latest patch?

Also I wouldn't say you got lucky at all. 90 pts is enough to win the league, and I can only assume you made that 93 by the seasons end too.

Yes i'm on 10.2, but no alas a 1-1 draw ant Elland with Man u kept me a 91.

Archived