how do i become chairman

You can do this by adding your name to the add_my_chairmen.edt file.

## Board Takeovers ##

# You can edit this config file to give yourself the chance of becoming chairman of your favourite club. This should take the following format:

# CP_FIRST_NAME, CP_COMMON_NAME, CP_SECOND_NAME, CP_DATE_OF_BIRTH, CP_NATIONALITY, CP_FAVOURITE_TEAM, CP_NATION, CP_NUMBER, CP_STRING

# For example. you might write the following:

# "BOARD_TAKEOVER" "Joe" "" "Bloggs" "01.01.1980" "England" "Ipswich" "England" "" "Media Corner Ltd"

# Don't worry about the CP_NUMBER field for now as this is not currently used.

# If you leave the favourite_team field blank, it will choose you a team in the specified FAVOURITE_NATION i.e. any club in England. If you specify a favourite team, it will not link you to any other teams.

# Simply copy and paste the line beginning "BOARD_TAKEOVER" "Joe"... at the bottom of this file, remembering to remove the # sign from the start of the line and fill in your own details. Then ensure the 'make_me_chairman' box is ticked in the 'Extra Data' section of Preferences on the FM 2008 intro screen.

# You must start a new game for these changes to take effect.

## Board Takeovers ##

# You can edit this config file to give yourself the chance of becoming chairman of your favourite club. This should take the following format:

# CP_FIRST_NAME, CP_COMMON_NAME, CP_SECOND_NAME, CP_DATE_OF_BIRTH, CP_NATIONALITY, CP_FAVOURITE_TEAM, CP_NATION, CP_NUMBER, CP_STRING

# "BOARD_TAKEOVER" "Joe" "" "Bloggs" "01.01.1980" "England" "Ipswich" "England" "" "Media Corner Ltd"

# If you leave the favourite_team field blank, it will choose you a team in the specified FAVOURITE_NATION i.e. any club in England. If you specify a favourite team, it will not link you to any other teams.

# Simply copy and paste the line beginning "BOARD_TAKEOVER" "Joe"... at the bottom of this file, remembering to remove the # sign from the start of the line and fill in your own details. Then ensure the 'make_me_chairman' box is ticked in the 'Extra Data' section of Preferences on the FM 2008 intro screen.

Yeah, but that only gives you a chance of someone with your name joining as chairman, not you, the player, becoming chairman.

## Board Takeovers ##

where do i find this file

Well this is Football Manager, not Football Chairman.

I think adding new dimensions to the game would be fantastic, but the above reply is what SI will probably give you and the hoard of fans who do not like to see changes in their favourite game.

Personally, things like using your wages as a manager, as a chairman one day or even having things like a personal life etc would be great additions to a game that is too focussed on the frustrations of being a manager and quite frankly is too one dimensional at times. :p

Well this is Football Manager, not Football Chairman.

I think adding new dimensions to the game would be fantastic, but the above reply is what SI will probably give you and the hoard of fans who do not like to see changes in their favourite game.

Personally, things like using your wages as a manager, as a chairman one day or even having things like a personal life etc would be great additions to a game that is too focussed on the frustrations of being a manager and quite frankly is too one dimensional at times. :p

Fifa Manager?

where do i find this file

With steam you find the file here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

dvd install:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

both if you use the latest patch.

Yeah, but that only gives you a chance of someone with your name joining as chairman, not you, the player, becoming chairman.

It only gives your club a chairman with the same name as you. You as the person who's playing the game will not have any extra abilities like being able to set budgets or hire\fire managers. This has been asked many times and people have been told that becoming chairman will never be possible with any version of Football Manager.

If you think about it can you recall any real life managers that are also the club Chairman? I personally can only recall one person in the last 30 years that has been both club manager and chairman and that was Jim McLean who was both manager and chairman of scottish club Dundee United until he famously thumped a reporter and had to resign.

^ Didn't Niall Quinn manage breifly at Sunderland before he brought Keane in? I suppose that's another example. Personally I don't think being a chairman would be that good an addition. SI should look at improving training before trying added a relatively pointless novelty like playing as a chairman.

Archived