Idea...Players Returning To Clubs

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, or if it already is a part of the game already...I'm just pre-warning you incase I make myself took like an idiot!!

I'd like to see a few of the players who are classed as "loyal" return to their first clubs when they get older. Like Di Canio returning to his club even though they were in Serie C1 to try and get them promoted. It happens with players in real life all of the time and it would be an added incentive (and a nice surprise) for the person managing that club to suddenly recieve a world class player who may no longer be the quickest, but has all of the class needed to turn games.

It would just be a nice touch, that's all.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, or if it already is a part of the game already...I'm just pre-warning you incase I make myself took like an idiot!!

I'd like to see a few of the players who are classed as "loyal" return to their first clubs when they get older. Like Di Canio returning to his club even though they were in Serie C1 to try and get them promoted. It happens with players in real life all of the time and it would be an added incentive (and a nice surprise) for the person managing that club to suddenly recieve a world class player who may no longer be the quickest, but has all of the class needed to turn games.

It would just be a nice touch, that's all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

I really like that idea. The player could release a press statement in his last year of his contract stating that he would love to go back to his original club to finish out his career. Just like Henrik Larsson. Nice idea Coop icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty good idea icon14.gif

Works for me, assuming its happening in real life enough to warrant inclusion in the game.

It would certainly give more meaning to the "Favourite Clubs" field the researchers are putting in the DB, and how that often seems to reference lower-division clubs which current stars started their careers at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysharkey21:

good idea. nick barmby went back to hull didnt he. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did. When he came back it was fantastic. He's been injured quite a lot though.

Expecting a Neville to play for Bury before they retire

Love the idea.

Would be nice to have the player or the team "start the flirting", like "Player x told to the press he's not getting younger and would think about the opportunity to go back to his loved club once the season ended", which could make his team more opened to selling or releasing him.

Plus, I'd love to get Figo and Ronaldo back in Sporting!

This would be a really great addition to the game.It should be solved like this in my opinion...

Player announces his retirement in a year or two.

He will issue a news statement where he would like to play for his beloved club.How should this be programmed?Well,I think that it should be done so that a player wants to sign for his FIRST club if he has a favorite club rating of at least 13.

i dont think it should be done by first club as a player could still love one team and want to go there no matter what even if he has never played for them. for example isnt micah richards and arsenal fan? i could see him going there one day if they are allowed more english players!

Guest mcdowall06

i like the idea...rangers could get gattuso back at them icon_smile.gif

kind of off topic but me and my mate thought another idea could be to have streakers run on the pitch sometimes and clubs being fined for it :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcdowall06:

i like the idea...rangers could get gattuso back at them icon_smile.gif

kind of off topic but me and my mate thought another idea could be to have streakers run on the pitch sometimes and clubs being fined for it :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No! icon_wink.gif

Great idea!

I love the additional idea of former players applying to their beloved clubs post-retirement when they get their coaching badges.

Also, I'm yet to see an old player take over as manager of the club they're playing for when the current manager leaves, a la Jimmy Quinn, Southgate, etc.

Archived