player enjoying nightlife

here's the situation:

i signed this right back for about 80 million dollars, he's still young (21) and is an excellent prospect, already world class...he's from Russia and as it often happens is not very settled around the Bournemouth area...so what he does a bit too often is that he spends the night out before a match and therefore is unavailable...obviously he accepts his 2 week fine, but he's done this 3 times already and i can't get him to stop...

he also has a Russian teammate, on both their status screens there's no indication of any problem between them, the problematic guy even says he finds his countrymate's presence in the team helpful, yet my assistant manager indicates that there's some friction between them and really don't want to be on the pitch at the same time...

any ideas?

if i was reading this i'd say be patient and he'll settle, but i have important games coming up and can't afford him being unexpectedly absent for any of them...this is a situation i haven't encountered before so i'm hopeful someone else has and can confirm this will be gone once the guy settles into the area...

I've had two players who have been unsettled recently. The first was a Turkish player, I brought in another Turkish player and it seemed to help him.

I'm not sure where the second guy was from but he was unsettled for almost all of the season - near the end of the season I got a message that he had settled much better. So it can go by just waiting but I can't promise it will.

Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is bringing in another russian, or maybe a player who he recommends to you.

Oh, and 80m for a right back!? Crazy :p

well i really wanted that player and i had the money to spend :)

but the main question is about nightlife itself, i've had many players unsettled, they were okay after a few months, but it's just this one that always goes out, then newspapers report him having been spotted in the early morning hours outside a bar...btw it's a nice addition, but i'd like to fight it and it seems two week fines are not enough...

It does speak well to the nightlife in Bournemouth.

As a Bournemouthian I can say that the nightlife is indeed top-notch... :D

With regards to the OP I'm not really sure what advice to offer... Is he still young enough to be tutored?

As a Bournemouthian I can say that the nightlife is indeed top-notch... :D

With regards to the OP I'm not really sure what advice to offer... Is he still young enough to be tutored?

absolutely, first chance i got i had him tutored by a professional teammate...

(glad about Bournemouth nightlife, i'm moving there in a few months :))

here's the situation:

i signed this right back for about 80 million dollars, he's still young (21) and is an excellent prospect, already world class...he's from Russia and as it often happens is not very settled around the Bournemouth area...so what he does a bit too often is that he spends the night out before a match and therefore is unavailable...obviously he accepts his 2 week fine, but he's done this 3 times already and i can't get him to stop...

he also has a Russian teammate, on both their status screens there's no indication of any problem between them, the problematic guy even says he finds his countrymate's presence in the team helpful, yet my assistant manager indicates that there's some friction between them and really don't want to be on the pitch at the same time...

any ideas?

if i was reading this i'd say be patient and he'll settle, but i have important games coming up and can't afford him being unexpectedly absent for any of them...this is a situation i haven't encountered before so i'm hopeful someone else has and can confirm this will be gone once the guy settles into the area...

80Mill... Bournemouth,,,maybe abit of editor going on here

80Mill... Bournemouth,,,maybe abit of editor going on here

i'm several years into the game, promoted to the premier league, stadium expanded, and there's european action every year...no pl wins yet, but i have a top 4 team...having sold important players (unsettled of course, they don't like the surroundings) 80 is not that much...

absolutely, first chance i got i had him tutored by a professional teammate...

(glad about Bournemouth nightlife, i'm moving there in a few months :))

Good for you, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

thought bournemouth is where old people retire???

Not really, the neighbouring town Christchurch is mostly where they are (although there are areas in Bournemouth), but the town centre has loads of pubs clubs and bars.

is this a new patch about them bcoz idnt knw anything about newpapers talking about players going out enjoying nightlife

It's definitely in there, I've seen it once or twice on a couple of saves.

i'm several years into the game, promoted to the premier league, stadium expanded, and there's european action every year...no pl wins yet, but i have a top 4 team...having sold important players (unsettled of course, they don't like the surroundings) 80 is not that much...

You said you were paying in dollars... Which kind?

You said you were paying in dollars... Which kind?

US dollars that is - in cm3 i got used to it and haven't changed since despite that euros or even pounds would make more sense now...but in those days all the non-UK press used dollars...

US dollars that is - in cm3 i got used to it and haven't changed since despite that euros or even pounds would make more sense now...but in those days all the non-UK press used dollars...

Fair enough... was just trying to translate the actual value of the player into what I use which is pounds.

Archived