Still having problems with regens? (10.2)

Im still having real trouble in finding quality regens. (Year 2023)

After doing extensive searches, sometimes taking a couple of hours at a time, I can honestly say the players I have managed to find under the age of 21 who are potentially world class, I am able to count on one hand. With absolutely no good English regens what so ever!

Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just on my save?

maybe.in my save 2017.

argentina: 3 regens good enough for midtable teams.

brazil: one good regen winger with off the ball 5

spain:1 regen defender good enough for midtable teams.

italy: 1 DM good enough for midtable teams.

germany:two regens good enough for midtable teams.

holland: 1 great midfileder, 2 very good regens.

france: no regens.

england: 1 good regen.

i have all their leagues loaded. this is their natianal team.

No mate, seriously, there's bugger all. I've only been able to find one 3*/2.5* English regen. Depending on which scout report you look at. VERY few of all regens under the age of 21 are over 2.5* and I'm only talking about a small minority.

Should I just ditch scout reports and sign players based on attributes?

No mate, seriously, there's bugger all. I've only been able to find one 3*/2.5* English regen. Depending on which scout report you look at. VERY few of all regens under the age of 21 are over 2.5* and I'm only talking about a small minority.

Should I just ditch scout reports and sign players based on attributes?

Remember, scout reports are only caompared to your best player in that position. So if your current striker is 4* CA, your regen who is rated at 3* PA has the potential to be the same as your 4* CA striker.

One of the biggest confusions of this FM tbh.

But what I'm saying is.... there are 'hardly any' 3* PA's. The star system needs to be simplified. There was nothing wrong with it to inprevious versions. Stars should be relative to the players ability to play the league you're in and nothing more.

But what I'm saying is.... there are 'hardly any' 3* PA's. The star system needs to be simplified. There was nothing wrong with it to inprevious versions. Stars should be relative to the players ability to play the league you're in and nothing more.

I know, but now they aren't. They are relative to the player you have in that position. If your striker was poo, then a regen wonderkid striker may be rated as 5* PA as he has the ability to better what you have.

maybe.in my save 2017.

argentina: 3 regens good enough for midtable teams.

brazil: one good regen winger with off the ball 5

spain:1 regen defender good enough for midtable teams.

italy: 1 DM good enough for midtable teams.

germany:two regens good enough for midtable teams.

holland: 1 great midfileder, 2 very good regens.

france: no regens.

england: 1 good regen.

i have all their leagues loaded. this is their natianal team.

I find this hard to believe..........i'm in 2012 and my game is full of regens.

I have The Premier League, La Liga and Serie A leagues loaded and also load players of nationality in africa and south america.

What team are you though?

I have The Premier League, La Liga and Serie A leagues loaded and also load players of nationality in africa and south america.

Yep, no problem with filling up regens on my save either.

Going off topic here. Regens are crap.

No, they are not. If none of the regens can get more than 2.5-3 * from your scouts, that means you already have some of the best players in the world in your roster. The star system is relative to your own players.

If you really want to compare newgens with the original DB players, you should compare their CA's and PA's out of 200. That's the only way.

The only thing bad about the newgens is some of the attribute distributions. That's all. And that is being fixed for 10.3 as we speak.

That's exactly the issue I pointed out in my screenshot-filled thread about odd newgens.

(http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183578)

Even disregarding the relative Star Rating, the attributes are lame and/or weird, and anyway nowhere near the level or the distribution a World Class player should have.

Most newgens seem to have outstanding pace and awful basic skills, or terrible physical skills and brilliant technique. Rarely both, and rarely in a way fitting their role...

No, they are not. If none of the regens can get more than 2.5-3 * from your scouts, that means you already have some of the best players in the world in your roster. The star system is relative to your own players.

Yes but none of these players that I'm scouting are judged to become 'world class' nothing more than 'decent' to 'good' Prem players. Thats doesn't reflect on the players I already have, but the league im playing in. Regardless of stars.

Remember, scout reports are only caompared to your best player in that position. So if your current striker is 4* CA, your regen who is rated at 3* PA has the potential to be the same as your 4* CA striker.

One of the biggest confusions of this FM tbh.

this really needs to be altered.

Yes but none of these players that I'm scouting are judged to become 'world class' nothing more than 'decent' to 'good' Prem players. Thats doesn't reflect on the players I already have, but the league im playing in. Regardless of stars.

from what ive seen so far (im in 2017), there are good players, but your scouts rarely gives anyone more than 3 stars, but if that player gets better, he will usually give him more than 3 stars of current ability, that happened a lot here actually, with 4 or 5 players the scout told they have 3 stars PA, now that they got better, they get 3.5 or even 4 stars, even sometimes when my scout or assistant manager says they think the player will no long develop or is close to his potential, the player develops a lot more, you just have to trust more in your judgement than your scouts judgement.

No idea where all this is coming from. I've got an abundance of talent coming through in 2016. My initial reaction to a search for a left back in Jan was "woah, I'm spoiled for choice."

I know 10.1 had issues with balancing attributes for the position (eg, a DC being world class except for his jumping). Have you continued a game you started on 10.1? If so it may take a couple of seasons for the fixes to produce the players you crave.

i didnt say my game doesnt have good regens. but very few are world class. and many of the good ones have weird stats. like a winger with off the ball 5 at age 22. or an insane defender with jumping 11.

It has probably been mentioned before, but my big problem with regens is that, at least in my game, all central defenders absolutely suck at jumping even though they are 190+ cm tall. My scouts find plenty of CBs with the potentional to be "a leading Serie A star" and yet their jumping is like 5. That's a bit of a problem since jumping can't really be improved much with training, right?

from what ive seen so far (im in 2017), there are good players, but your scouts rarely gives anyone more than 3 stars, but if that player gets better, he will usually give him more than 3 stars of current ability, that happened a lot here actually, with 4 or 5 players the scout told they have 3 stars PA, now that they got better, they get 3.5 or even 4 stars, even sometimes when my scout or assistant manager says they think the player will no long develop or is close to his potential, the player develops a lot more, you just have to trust more in your judgement than your scouts judgement.

If thats the case, why the hell am I paying all these people thousands of pounds per week to give me false/inaccurate information?!

I know the scouts/assistants are supposed to have an 'element' of inaccuacy about them, but if they're always wrong then what is the point of them being in the game??

Well, in my side alone I have:

2 World Class English Strikers

1 Godlike English Leftback

2 Amazing rightbacks (One Dutch, One Turkish)

1 World Class English Centrehalf

1 World Class English Leftwinger

2 World Class Central Midfielders and a third well on his way (One Russian, One French, One Brazilian)

1 Amazing Brazilian Centrehalf and another World Class French Centrehalf

A young, but top notch Spanish Right Winger

World Class Peruvian and Ukrainian Strikers

A World Class Argentinian Goalkeeper

A Israli Goalkeeper who apparently has the potential to be World Class

Now, seeming that's just my side, I don't think there's much of a problem. Maybe you're just bad at scouting.

Hmm. Off the top of my head, I know that my save (2012) currently has:

1 incredible Brazilian keeper, another very good Dutch one, and actually another very good Dutch one. There's I believe another Italian who is very good.

There is one Italian CB with world class potential, and a Dutchman, Spaniard, Englishman, and a few Brazilians/Argentinians who are very good.

Fullbacks are plentiful as well, with a great ones from Argentina, England, France, and another country.

Midfielders are actually quite scarce. I've only found one Italian that I would want to buy, and he had poor stats in several key areas.

There's 2 incredible English wingers, another French one, I think a Spanish one, and then a few from South America.

The best AMC in my save atm, I think belongs to me, a regen from Andorra of all places.

Good strikers are also lacking.

I think I shall create a team with a defensive mentality for the future then.

You can occasionally find GOOD newgens. The problem is there seems to be a bug with newgen creation, certain stats like Jumping, Stength, Stamina, Positioning and Off the ball in addition to a few more are OFTEN times extremely low. So you will have a player with 17ish stats in most important abilities and 3 strength, 2 jumping, 7 stamina and 7 positioning.

Hopefully SI can fix this issue.

while I have found brilliant regens for my own team, it's certainly too few. In my team I have a frenchman who´s been banging in 40 a season for 7 seasons running, a brilliant portuguese striker resembling Cristiano Ronaldo, a fast and powerful german winger, a croatian playmaker genius, a turkish powerhouse of a defensive midfielder, a scottish left winger, and several good italian defenders, one of them who I handpicked from atalanta at the age of sixteen, and who is now worth 30 millions pounds and have a worldwide reputation. The biggest problem though is the english wonderkids, there´s several french, spanish, italian and dutch, some belgian, argentinian and brazilian, but next to no englishmen. I have only one english wonderkid, a defender. the english regens are so bad i¨ve seen several players released or sold cheap from my own academy make it to the English international team later.

It has probably been mentioned before, but my big problem with regens is that, at least in my game, all central defenders absolutely suck at jumping even though they are 190+ cm tall. My scouts find plenty of CBs with the potentional to be "a leading Serie A star" and yet their jumping is like 5. That's a bit of a problem since jumping can't really be improved much with training, right?

Jumping is fixed for patch#3 :)

And so is the balance for many other attributes, I hope. I know SI is working on this.

Archived