Not cheating does pay off

CWB

Hi All,

Before i start, i am one of the so called "cheats" who when he really want's a player add's a manager to the team i want and sell's the player to myself. Yes i know i'm a bad person and i'll be stoned but hey ho.

Decided on this edition of the game, to not cheat for the first time in the past few versions. Must say this has been more a recent thing as wasn't a big fan of FM08 or FM09 and only played them as i was given both as a gift.

Anyway, to my main point after making a conscious effort to only take on players who i can actually legitimately sign including David Villa for £51million, after 3 years of struggle, i am finally on the Favoured Personnel at Real Madrid. Woooo Hooooo.

Only thing is, apart from 2 Leagues and 2 Cups, i've not exactly been doing great in Europe, only managing to qualify from the Group Stage to get knocked out. Funnily enough the team that knocks me out always tend's to win the competition.

Oh well, i'm in the Favoured Personnel anyways, and it's just a story to let you all know, cheating doesn't pay. lol.

I don't cheat myself but see nothing against others doing it. You paid the money for the game, if that's how you want to play it then fair enough.

But congrats on not cheating and doing well on the game. You never know, a more favourable draw in Europe and you might make it to the finals next season! Here's hoping.

Thanks FM09Darlo. Just heading into the next round against Sporting Lisbon, and coming off the back of a win against Barcelona. Here's hoping that the players keep the continuity going.

Think i might have to have one of those not saying very much press conferences, as anytime i am a bit controversial, my team have a total stinker. lol.

Hi Edle, i wouldn't say it's so much a new way of playing for me, more a return to how i used to play. Only really started getting into the "cheating" in FM08 and FM09 as, i was going to say bugs but don't want an argument to kick off with people on here so i'll just say, as i found the way in which the game handled situations didn't go as i would have expected. lol.

Archived