New "Fan Day" feature needed

Based on player availability and backroom advice, I've been using 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 formations. After a 4-5-1 match, I get a message saying the fans don't like this formation. I go 4-4-2 for the next match -- and get a message that the fans don't like 4-4-2. The next match I return to 4-5-1. The fans didn't like it.

So let's expand "Fan Day." Let the manager proclaim one -- and let the fans choose the formation.

Getting messages like the above are just part of the irritations of FM10. Others include the basic problem of poorly performing defenders. And scouts with no tactical knowledge giving advice on tactics. IRL, you could tell staff to keep their mouths shut on matters where they lack expertise.

I've started a new game on FM06. About the only things I miss are 3d, the calendar and the improved scout-reporting system.

Based on player availability and backroom advice, I've been using 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 formations. After a 4-5-1 match, I get a message saying the fans don't like this formation. I go 4-4-2 for the next match -- and get a message that the fans don't like 4-4-2. The next match I return to 4-5-1. The fans didn't like it.

So let's expand "Fan Day." Let the manager proclaim one -- and let the fans choose the formation.

Getting messages like the above are just part of the irritations of FM10. Others include the basic problem of poorly performing defenders. And scouts with no tactical knowledge giving advice on tactics. IRL, you could tell staff to keep their mouths shut on matters where they lack expertise.

I've started a new game on FM06. About the only things I miss are 3d, the calendar and the improved scout-reporting system.

Yes it is rather annoying the whole idea of pleasing the fans, i have a problem with not winning games the fans see as an easy 3 pointer for example i drew 3-3 with Chelsea in tightly contested match at Stamford Bridge with Barry and Torres both injuried and too my disgust the fans were disapointed with the result WTF

Have a fan day that means you listen to what the fans tell you to do? The fans pick the formation? That would never happen in real life.

As to your formations it could be the way you've set the team up.

If you are playing a flat back 4, a DM two CMs and wingers with a lone striker the fans could be reacting to a very defensive style.

I Personaly use the 4-2-3-1 and I've never had any complaints from fans, Liverpool, Leeds, Real Madrid, Shelbourne being the teams I've managed.

I have never had a scout give me advice on tatics thought thats a new one to me.

Archived