really frustrated with this version because of morale

I feel the game is very unrealistic the way morale works in game.

To me it drops very quickly but is nigh impossible to build them up. Unless players are superb they dont function they stand around refuse to do the donkey work or are disciplined.

Strikers will frustrate by sometimes refusing to shoot or missing glaring oportunities. Mistakes will be so glaring its crazy.

Its almost as if the game works on both extremes but misfunctions if playes morale average. Is seemingly waited that it goes down rather up as average morale players will make mistakes or wont work off ball properly. This to me is wrong they should do the basics but concentration levels should be the one to create mistakes. Off the ball should indicate if they stand still not bothering NOt MORALE. That way we get fair balance to either get players move up or down but should take eceptional performances to go up or really bad to go down.

I think morale should not move that frequent if it does it should not be that drastic to performances. Either that or make the game set average as the weighted performance use the above to work out going to superb or poor/very poor. Though it would have less drastic measures in performance like we do now. As you would have a problem with superb turning players into supermen.

Yes mistakes happen you can live with it but you dont seemingly see AI clubs going through the same hurt when morale giving human managers a good kicking.

The problem I have is the game says that when morale dropping the team stop working as a unit and players dont work for each other. This then makes it nigh impossible to turn it around. Yet it seem so easy for the game to kill morale when things are going well.

Another issue is the expectations why is this not factored in morale I am still in the position that was pre expected so surely 4 defeats 2 which was not expected anyway seems a tad harsh to drop half the players to poor or even very poor.

The betting seems stupid too play clubs who vastly better yet says I should hammer them this I also think effects the morale. Its not waying up properly your current form, current position, current expectation, stature of the oponents team and club. I believe morale should also use these factors.

I hope SI look at the morale in next version and the way it effects.

I think the morale is spot on, if it's too good then you may suffer from over confidence so it's up to you to keep your players grounded and I think in real life if Man Utd for instance were playing well and all had high morale and then lost to the bottom club I could imagine all the players would drop down to really poor morale.

Look at Liverpool at the moment in real life, they can't get out this slump (because they're crap) because of morale, all the players are down and it's effecting their performance

i dont think it works very well and there are too many things that can effect it too greatly. for instance team talks, losses against bigger teams...

thanks for the reply lads

Edle I do agree my concerns is how lethargic they are if not superb morale yet in real life players who are just average morale dont play like 2 year olds.

garyfm

I can understand what your saying about over confidence and maybe this is what I have hit and struggled with.

I found my problem not won yet drew 0-0 but would have won 1-0 but conceeded last minute.

Suddenly the team trying again not going through the motions.

What was strange is I got a news message saying Smart stinks and its about time the manager dropped him.

What got me he was average no worse than others and for winger he had assisted 4 goals and scored 2 times in 18 games not exactly rubbish a 1 in 3 games. He actually was not that bad but seems the GAME picked on him. Yes the assistant felt I should get rid with his appraisal but if he performing why. I have two DC he dont rate but at present they average 7.2 in performance are these next for the hate mob.

I would understand if he was averaging less than 6 and not assisting/scoring. Crikey I have 2 a strikers who they rate 1 has not scored at all in 12 the other gone 500 mins barren. I would expected them to be hounded more as theyve missed some awful chances some of which was created by non other smart. If they had scored would smart got the hate mob.

I have done what the game asked I caved in not just dropped him I removed him from the club. As the whole side looks against him maybe he had attitude problem which disrupted the club but nothing I could gleam clues.

Surely my assistant should warned me of the disruption in training if this was the case etc.

My team back not winning yet but clear the team happier its only matter time the will win the odd game instead playing to lose like it seemed.

But funny the morale dropped because I kept smart now he gone surely morale would have lifted a tad.

Archived