Refusing new manager contract

Why is there no option to tell the board why you are refusing to sign a new contract? or is there an option like this and did I miss it?

After 6 years in charge of Liverpool and becoming a club legend I decided it was time for a new challenge but the board kept offering me new contracts and I kept refusing, resulting in me being disliked and not being a legend anymore :mad:

I think it would be a good option to be able to tell the board you are looking for a new challenge, maybe even already during the last season of your contract so that they can look for a new manager.

Strange thing about FM is that no matter how you leave, resign, sacked or run out the contract, you are immediatly added to the hate at 100%. No matter how legendary you are. It's annoying because it does not relate to real life. Ther are examples of managers leaving and still been liked ie Mourinho and inparticular Keegan who managed the same club twice. I don't think you can manage the same club twice in FM because of been added to the hate list.

Yeah, this is something that should be looked at. I agree that if you get sacked then you should be added to the dislike list or decide to leave for a rival club. But if a bigger offer comes in for you that you just can't refuse or you decide to leave at the end of your contract then you shouldn't be 100% disliked.

I agree. I took Huddersfield from league 1 to the Premiership and then decided I wanted a new challenge and let my contract run out and left. They said they were grateful for all I had done but I'm not classed as a club icon or legend or nothing. It would be nice to be able to tell the board why you're leaving, but then again it would be nice to tell them where to go when they accept a bid for your star player behind your back :) FM11 SI? Pretty please?

Strange thing about FM is that no matter how you leave, resign, sacked or run out the contract, you are immediatly added to the hate at 100%. No matter how legendary you are. It's annoying because it does not relate to real life. Ther are examples of managers leaving and still been liked ie Mourinho and inparticular Keegan who managed the same club twice. I don't think you can manage the same club twice in FM because of been added to the hate list.

i was a club favoured personnel when i resigned, and had a message with the arsenal board paying tribute to me

it is a bit strange. i can think of a few managers who have left/will leave and will still be thought of as legends. wenger and ferguson for example in the game would both be hated :D

wenger is a club legend, and set to "permanent" i believe which negates that issue

i was a club favoured personnel when i resigned, and had a message with the arsenal board paying tribute to me

Don't think the mechanics stop the board praising you in that instance but you probably would not get the job back.

As an experiment can you get the arsenal job back if you applied for it?

Incredibly annoying if this is STILL in the game after all of these years.

Archived