Does reputation of the club decrease if you sell away your top players?

As the name of the title above, does your club's reputation decrease if you sell away your top reputable players? I have noticed that my club's reputation went downhill after selling of about six to eight of my top players (for various reasons). As a result of this, I have not been able to get new feeder clubs to my club and if I win games against higher reputable teams (even if the opposing team is crap), the media claims that it is a shock result. As anyone else experienced this strange phenomena?

I'd imagine it would, to be honest. If LA Galaxy get rid of Beckham, nobody in Europe will give a crap what they do from now on in.

When Everton sold Rooney, same effect really.

Arguably, Manchester United have suffered since losing Ronaldo as they don't have any "star" really - other than Rooney.

Yeah definitely sounds like something that's possible. Why did you have to sell all of your top players?! Guess the only thing to do is sign a big player (if you can?) or just try and build it up slowly again and keep getting those 'shock' results!

I suspect that only SI could advise for sure, but my own feeling is that reputation will only go up or down based on results and the winning of leagues/cups. The selling of top players will certainly impact on results so I think that this is a secondary reason for reputation changes.

I suspect that only SI could advise for sure, but my own feeling is that reputation will only go up or down based on results and the winning of leagues/cups. The selling of top players will certainly impact on results so I think that this is a secondary reason for reputation changes.

Well,I don't think so. I won all of the cups and league and checked that my reputation was high using FMRTE. Then I decided to sell players with very high reputations and after that, I checked that my club's reputation dropped down by 7000 points!!!

I agree with FrazT.

I dont think your reputation would decrease if you sold all your top players. I think it would depend on your league finish and whether your in a continental competition or not.

However, contradictory to this, when signing a reputable player, shirt sales and other merchandising products go up through the roof, indicating an increase in the clubs overall reputation. Hence, selling a player of a similar sort would create an adverse effect on the overall club reputation?

Selling players with a high reputation does decrease the club reputation. I checked using the club rep facility on genie scout after selling players deemed 'world class' on FM08 and 09 and the club reputation decreased by around 500 when I sold a PA190 striker. I imagine if you sold many of these players, your reputation would take a huge dent.

Yeah, it has to affect club rep!!! Bit surprised by FrazT's post, as I'd imagine selling someone with Worldwide reputation would dent the club reputation and boost the buying club. It all has to be part and parcel of the same thing surely?

Archived