Most signing you have made in the close season?

I think 15 was my record. But only 2 of them went into the first team. The others were youngsters I'd been looking at for a while and decided to take a punt on in a kind of mass 'make my youth team awesome' move.

Very similar to mine, I brought in something like 19 players, 4 first team players and 15 youth players although with so many 'outstanding' talents you have to let some go in the end.

20+ in my first pre-season in Serie A with Ternana on FM09.

I literally sold nearly every player who got me up, and brought in established players who had been released from fairly major clubs.

I actually stayed up too! Went on to win Serie A several times, UEFA Cup and the Champions League...

Good times!

I have bought 40 odd in a season loads of times. It's because when I take over any club outside the big ones, I sell most and replace them. I also bring in as many quality youths as I can.

A lower league, or small foreign team surely.
Doesn't have to be. In FM08 I took control of Man Utd halfway through a season and signed 35 players in the January transfer window. Only six of them were to join the first team, with the other 29 going into the U18s, but it still happened :)

With lower league teams, I'll regularly sign enough players to have two full starting elevens, and a few other backups (i.e. it's not uncommon for me to sign 25+ players to a side when I'm playing LLM)

I thought I was bad for signing 11 on my latest season. £47 mil spent on players, £39 mil made from sales to finish with a much better team on a lower wage (£130kpw saved). The new chairman must be glad he didn't sack me after a last day relegation escape the season before!

My current save is using Uncle Ron's Level 7 & 8 xml file and when I first started my Bedfont Green game, the senior team was so awful I ended up replacing the whole lot of them.

15 signings preseason and 4 extra loans before Christmas. Needless to say, the time it took for the team to gel wasn't very good on the nerves...

Archived