Why am I doing so bad?

I am Leeds in my second season, just got promoted from League 1 to Championship. I believe me team is not that bad, but they seem to win absolutely nothing at the moment. A few of my players are rather old, but I done this as my Assistant manager told me we have a young squad(not any more) I don't know whether it is my tactics or even my team but I am just wondering if anyone has any tips or reasons to why I am doing so poor.

leedsteam.jpg

The Championship is quite a significant step up I found with MK Dons. If you let go a key player or two it can cause havoc. It's probably just a confidence thing. Once you get on a run I think Leeds should have the quality to stay up.

I am Leeds in my second season, just got promoted from League 1 to Championship. I believe me team is not that bad, but they seem to win absolutely nothing at the moment. A few of my players are rather old, but I done this as my Assistant manager told me we have a young squad(not any more) I don't know whether it is my tactics or even my team but I am just wondering if anyone has any tips or reasons to why I am doing so poor.

leedsteam.jpg

If anyone would get back to me ASAP I will be truly grateful, Thanks.

It's a good side - how many of those players were brought in in one window? Sometimes bringing in lots of players at once can upset the rhythm of a team. Give them some time to bed in - it's only August after all. Plenty of time to put a run together and steer them to safety. What does your board expect?

They expect me to at least challenge for the title, at the moment it is looking HIGHLY unlikely, I am stable as the manager as well. I did bring in about 15 new faces, but this was because my team was weak from last season. They loved the fact that i signed David Beckham, I guess time will tell before they all gel as a team.

thats a good team you have there so its definitely not the players that lack quality. it could be things like morale and confidence, or indeed and i hate to say this, but perhaps your tactics need tweaked slightly?

I'd expect that has something to do with it. 15 players is a lot for one transfer window. They all look like good championship players (some excellent ones) so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you start putting some performances together. Maybe try to refine your tactics a bit if you don't think they are working. N'Gog is probably quite useful as a lone striker so a 4-2-3-1 might suit your team if you want to change things a bit.

I'd expect that has something to do with it. 15 players is a lot for one transfer window. They all look like good championship players (some excellent ones) so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you start putting some performances together. Maybe try to refine your tactics a bit if you don't think they are working. N'Gog is probably quite useful as a lone striker so a 4-2-3-1 might suit your team if you want to change things a bit.

Thank you for your help :) changing my team nearly every game doesn't really help either I shouldn't of gone completely transfer happy when i promoted ha. Thank you.

I'd say it's just that they haven't gelled yet. Whenever I make a lot of changes in the close season this seems to happen. Did they get a lot of pre-season games together, or did they come in over a number of weeks?

It also looks like you've done a little 3rd-party editing to your finances and/or reputation to get players like Beckham (who would only move to Leeds for silly money - he hates the club in the game). This often causes an imbalance in the team due to players' differing personalities in the ambition and professionalism areas.

Best advice I can give is to play some conservative tactics, eke out some 1-0s & 2-1s, and once you're on a good run start using their quality to really hammer home some results.

I'd say it's just that they haven't gelled yet. Whenever I make a lot of changes in the close season this seems to happen. Did they get a lot of pre-season games together, or did they come in over a number of weeks?

It also looks like you've done a little 3rd-party editing to your finances and/or reputation to get players like Beckham (who would only move to Leeds for silly money - he hates the club in the game). This often causes an imbalance in the team due to players' differing personalities in the ambition and professionalism areas.

Best advice I can give is to play some conservative tactics, eke out some 1-0s & 2-1s, and once you're on a good run start using their quality to really hammer home some results.

In all honesty Beckham was a free he only gets £15000 a week, I have no idea how he signed for me, he is 35 but still I am amazed. Thanks.

one thing i would suggest is playing at least one DMC in centre midfield, and perhaps giving them the instruction to be a ball winner. i find this always helps solidify my defence a little bit.

Yeah I understand, do you recommend and DMCs I could capture? as I only have Graham Alexander and Salif Daio who have a combined age of 467 :( Thanks.

Hows your team morale? I find once you loose a few games and morale gets 'poor' and 'very poor', it gets very hard to win games and your on a dangerous slippery slope.

If team morale is low, team talks i give are 'for the fans' at home, and 'no pressure' or 'wish luck' away from home.

When we win games i say delighted or elated and once the morale starts to get better i go back to 'you can win this' or 'impress me' ...etc

Hows your team morale? I find once you loose a few games and morale gets 'poor' and 'very poor', it gets very hard to win games and your on a dangerous slippery slope.

If team morale is low, team talks i give are 'for the fans' at home, and 'no pressure' or 'wish luck' away from home.

When we win games i say delighted or elated and once the morale starts to get better i go back to 'you can win this' or 'impress me' ...etc

The morale does not seem to be that bad considering. A few okay's and many superb's. This is becoming really frustrating :( thanks anyway! :)

Yeah I understand, do you recommend and DMCs I could capture? as I only have Graham Alexander and Salif Daio who have a combined age of 467 :( Thanks.

i managed to get distel zola on a free so perhaps you could look at him. other than that just filter attributes for key defensive atrributes : tackling, strength, positioning...etc

good players forum might be helpful too.

one thing i would suggest is playing at least one DMC in centre midfield, and perhaps giving them the instruction to be a ball winner. i find this always helps solidify my defence a little bit.

This :thup:

Regardless of whatever tactic or formation you play, always, and I do mean ALWAYS play with a DM!

This :thup:

Regardless of whatever tactic or formation you play, always, and I do mean ALWAYS play with a DM!

Well i am doing at the moment! say i played about 20 games and am still 20th in the championship!? is my team that bad!!?? surely 20 odd games plus cups is long enough to gel?

Well i am doing at the moment! say i played about 20 games and am still 20th in the championship!? is my team that bad!!?? surely 20 odd games plus cups is long enough to gel?

Archived