How do I know if I am being taken over by a "sugar daddy"?

If it mentions anything about a tycoon, then it should be a sugar daddy. A tycoon generally will pump money into the club, upgrade the facilities and then clear the loans. They all have different lifespans, as in they will eventually stop pumping money in. You will get a inbox message about this though. In FM09 my Russian billionaire tycoon said he was going to invest in other activities after 10 or so seasons.

I got a tycoon in FM10, came in added £200m to the bank balance, gave my club a massive reputation increase. Then at the end of his first season decided he wasn't interested anymore, and pulled out his money, but stayed as Chairman.

I didn't need his money, but the reputation boost was nice. :)

I've yet to have any form of tycoon takeover in any FM as yet. I'll add that to the list of no new stadium, no son in the game, I feel i'm being vitimised! :D

SI, i think my game is broken ;)

Nope, that definitely sounds like your tactics :rolleyes:

I got tookover a season ago and he injected 50m cash into my transfer budget and when i checked finanace screen all my loans had been wiped (arsenal).

still lose 8m a month though!!

How on earth do you manage to lose that amount of money after the loans have gone?

Well if you suddenly become well endowed down there, you know the finance screen, it's probably a sugar daddy.

If you suddenly have new loans then you've got a crappy one.

And if you suddenly become well endowed down there, you know not the finance screen, then he's the daddy.

Archived