Gutted

If it was a serious injury that occured late in the game then there is nothing massively unusual there.

If it was such a serious injury, they should have had the player off the pitch within a few minutes, allowing play to continue. I can't imagine them leaving someone on the pitch for ten minutes while writhing uncontrollably, with blood spurting out of every bodily orifice and brain fluids dribbling out onto the grass.

"When Brentford played away at Bristol City in 2000-01, there were about 23 minutes of stoppage time in the first-half alone after a broken leg, a dislocated shoulder (Bees striker Lloyd Owusu passed out from the pain and an ambulance had to be driven up to the pitch), and serious concussion caused the delay," noted Will. "In fact, two goals were scored in that first-half injury-time, with the second being clocked in the 67th minute, I believe. The fourth official had originally held up 13 minutes' stoppage time, but one of the injuries occurred in that period to bump it up to 23. I'd be surprised if there were many games that contained more added-on time!"

:eek: :eek:

Archived