Real Life: How can Maxi sign on a free and join Liverpool right now in January?

Maybe atletico madrid wanted to cash on him for more money to other club other than l'pool. Maxi doesnt want anywhere except to join his mates at anfield. So he uses his 5M loyalty bonus that he is suppose to get to buy out his own contact? Then sign with l'pool right away making it look like a free transfer because he's free to l'pool?

Yeah he signed on a free because Atl.Mad want to keep Aguero so they're trying to force Maxi out of the club to increase the amount of wage budget they have so they can offer him a better contract.

I believe that Atletico will just prefer the compensation that Liverpool will most probably have to pay rather than waiting till more interest suffices at the prospect of Aguero moving to a bigger club

I don't think they're looking for another Torres type of player leaving their club..at least not for $20 mil anymore=P

Athletico will play the player a loyalty bonus owed to him had he stayed til june (reported at 5 million), I'm sure there will be some sort of compromise.

Liverpool pay the player a signing on fee, but they won't be paying Athletico anything.

Trikstaa is right, he fell out with management there and they deem him surplus to requirements. They just want to get him off their books right now, and more importantly avoid paying the full 5 million.

I heard they let him go no wrather than in the summer without any compensation being agreed. It was on Foz sports news in Australia though so not sure how accurate that is though.

I don't think anyone knows what's going on.

All we know is that he was a free signing and that he's signed for 3 1/2 years.

Archived